No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: De La Hoya, Broner, Mitchell, Jacobs, USO Tour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: De La Hoya, Broner, Mitchell, Jacobs, USO Tour

ARLINGTON, VA. - Olympic Gold Medalist and former Ten-Time World Champion in six weight divisions who turned USO veteran, Oscar de la Hoyatouched down stateside today following a whirlwind seven-day USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour to Kuwait and Iraq. Accompanied by up-and-coming fighters Adrien Broner, Danny Jacobs and Seth Mitchell, De La Hoya led the group to the Middle East on March 8, where they went on to extend their thanks to troops and visit eight military bases. Among some of the installations visited were Camp Arifjan, COB Basra, Camp Victory, Camp Liberty, JSS Loyalty and JSS Justice. (Photos Credit: USO photo by Steve Manuel) [Click Here To Read More]

good for oscar and the other boxers for visiting the troops.

Comment

True dat and amen onechance87.

Comment

I'm thinking Afghanistan is still a hot zone. Kuwait should be a nice place for Oscar and his crew to do their USO tour. Iraq is a little bit peaceful. Those JSS places, I never heard of it must be something new.

To all the troops in combat take care and be safe. It should be hot by now. 110 degrees normal weather during the afternoon.

Comment

Boxing is so fixed, i wonder how long this trip was planned. Would De La Hoya be taking Ponce De Leon if he got the decision instead of Broner, 99-91 lol.

Comment

that's whats up. smart move by oscar - trying to expand the fanbase. MMA is probably the more popular combat sport amongst service men and women, however, DLH prolly just got a lot more attention from a demographic widely untargeted by boxing.

oscar uses ponce and his mexican crew to promote amongst the mexican/mexican-american fanbase. . . of course it's all tactics, and oscar's true motivation isn't exactly altruistic. but still, he is doing good IN THE PROCESS, unintentional as it may be, lol.

Comment

this is awesome, especially me being in the navy, it means a lot when celebrities and important people do these kind of things...

Comment

Working...
              X