Clear All

toney ko 8

Comment

Riding with Toney on this one.....

Good compliment to Ward though imo...... Considering the matchup

Comment

Toney......

Comment

Ward is really good, Prime Toney was damn amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl50iVr25R8

Enough said.

Comment

Toney all day long, It amazes me that people go in depth about how Ward could beat Toney when Ward faced some pretty mediocre opponents on the way to Froch, Kessler being the best.

Toney beating and knocking out Nunn> greater than anything Ward has done thus far, and while were here I think Dawson beats Ward.

Toney would be throwing the crisper cleaner shots one by one and once in a rythem throwing some pretty tasty combinations.

While Ward trys to roughhouse Toney on the inside Toney will still be doing the cleaner, more offensive work.

Comment

I'd prefer to see Ward's fight against Dawson before making any outrageous statements regarding his level of ability.

No disrespect to him, but outside of Froch and Kessler, who are not the most versatile fighters out there, he hasn't faced much high level opposition yet. The likes of Miranda, Abraham and Bika will be mere footnotes in history and capturing grinding decisions over them won't be seen as a huge feat.

You can make the case that Toney didn't face many inside fighters as good as Ward, but Ward hasn't really faced anybody with much infighting ability. He has been able to rough-house opponents who aren't used to it. Not that Dawson is any different, but if he is able to beat another top level opponent without effort then anybody has to admit that he is class.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                I'd prefer to see Ward's fight against Dawson before making any outrageous statements regarding his level of ability.

No disrespect to him, but outside of Froch and Kessler, who are not the most versatile fighters out there, he hasn't faced much high level opposition yet. The likes of Miranda, Abraham and Bika will be mere footnotes in history and capturing grinding decisions over them won't be seen as a huge feat.

You can make the case that Toney didn't face many inside fighters as good as Ward, but Ward hasn't really faced anybody with much infighting ability. He has been able to rough-house opponents who aren't used to it. Not that Dawson is any different, but if he is able to beat another top level opponent without effort then anybody has to admit that he is class.
                ^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Comment

i think toney would win, he's got those combo's in the inside and that counter right that would land without a shadow of a doubt and im still iffy about wards chin, but i think toney wins no matter where it is(inside/outside)

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

I'm not for one about the "home team" thing. But Let's be honest. Adamek has fought how many times out in the Prudential Center?

If Dawson comes out here to California, drop's a weight class, and beats Ward?

Well, tip of my cap.

But have any of the fights Ward has had out here been close? Enough to question?

Good to see you around by the way, GreatA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      I miss these types of threads in NSB. Great posts.

Somehow, I see Toney catching Ward with something big on the inside, one of those looping, almost nonsensical, but educated uppercuts, and using the momentum achieved from said punch carrying him to a close S.D. win.

People would ***** and moan about it be "boring", but the fight would be slicker then trying to ice skate uphill in Alaska with oil drenched hockey skates.

Comment

Working...
                      X