No announcement yet.

The Guitar Players Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATWA View Post

I have a question to the veteran guitar players on here. When i'm playing my acoustic, the strings feel really hard, and I get this vibrating noise when I strum. I used to play a cheap guitar and didn't have the problem, but now that i'm playing the fender, It's happening. I don't understand why.
    Your neck is bending back which means the strings are being pulled tighter and closer to the fingerboard than you want.

You need a truss rod adjustment because the action on your guitar is too low and the strings and touching the frets farther down the fingerboard.

It's a pretty straightforward repair and most shops will do it for 20-25 dollars.

You can do it yourself with an allen wrench but I wouldn't recommend it if you dont know what you are doing.

Comment

These are my guitars:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        These are my guitars:

But it did it brand new out of the box.

Comment

But it did it brand new out of the box.

Thats not all that uncommon. I'm guessing it's a $200-$300 entry level acoustic? Guitars are easily affected by the climate. If it was shipped for 4 days in heat, stored in the cold with only a box to protect it wouldn;t be surprising if the neck shifted.

Personally as soon as I get a guitar the first thing I do is take it to shop and have it set up professionally to suit my playing style. I've never been satisfied with a guitar right off the shelf or out of the box.

Comment

Thats not all that uncommon. I'm guessing it's a $200-$300 entry level acoustic? Guitars are easily affected by the climate. If it was shipped for 4 days in heat, stored in the cold with only a box to protect it wouldn;t be surprising if the neck shifted.

Personally as soon as I get a guitar the first thing I do is take it to shop and have it set up professionally to suit my playing style. I've never been satisfied with a guitar right off the shelf or out of the box.
            Hmmm...that's interesting. My girlfriend went to the shop and bought it, and they had it stringed and tuned and everything there. She gave it to me about 3 days later for my birthday, but it was sitting in her house. I have taken it around in my car, maybe sitting in the backseat did it. I don't know, I never even thought about it.

It's a Fender Squier Acoustic. I never really looked up the price. I'd assume it's between 200 and 300 bucks.

Comment

Hmmm...that's interesting. My girlfriend went to the shop and bought it, and they had it stringed and tuned and everything there. She gave it to me about 3 days later for my birthday, but it was sitting in her house. I have taken it around in my car, maybe sitting in the backseat did it. I don't know, I never even thought about it.

It's a Fender Squier Acoustic. I never really looked up the price. I'd assume it's between 200 and 300 bucks.

Being in the car for a couple days will do the trick especially if you have a soft case. Another thing people don't consider is leaving it out at the house. If you are in a basement the moisture in the air can wreak havoc on a guitar over time.

If you recently purchased it I would suggest taking it back and letting them know you have had the issue from the outset.

Worst comes to worst you pay 20-30 bucks for an adjustment. If you're lucky they will just do it for free being that you bought it there.

Comment

Being in the car for a couple days will do the trick especially if you have a soft case. Another thing people don't consider is leaving it out at the house. If you are in a basement the moisture in the air can wreak havoc on a guitar over time.

If you recently purchased it I would suggest taking it back and letting them know you have had the issue from the outset.

Worst comes to worst you pay 20-30 bucks for an adjustment. If you're lucky they will just do it for free being that you bought it there.
                Thanks alot, i'm definitely going to look into that.

Comment

These are my guitars:

I like that jimi poster, the best of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler loc View Post
                    I asked my peoples if I should buy a Guitar, they said, no.
                    Why did they say so, aren't you musical or something else?

Originally posted by ArthurSherwoode View Post
                    Get a bass... easier to learn and more bands are in need of bass players (from a person who has been playing guitar [and bass for that matter] for almost 15 years)
                    That's true. And if you really got the groove, then bass is your thing. At least Finland is full of bass player jokes but they shouldn't be taken seriously, it's a very versatile instrument if you learn to play it like one.

And by the way, I started playing guitar when I was 7 and had a Yamaha CS-100A (I still have it). I quit it when teen, though I sometimes play some freestyle **** with it. Nowadays I play some drums and percussion, love listening good guitar playing, though.

Comment

ESP LTD EC-1000 w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
                      Ibanez RG505 w/DiMarzio Evolution set

Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50 watt
                      Laney 2x12 cab
                      Laney AOR Pro-Tube 30 combo

Used to have more guitars, have had Gibson SG, Tokai Explorer, Greco Les Paul copy, Epiphone Les Paul, old 80's Schecter.
                      Also amps i've had a Mesa Boogie Studio preamp, Laney VH100R head, Laney GH50L head, Laney VC50 combo, Marshall 1936 2x12 cab.

I have experimented with a lot of different Bare Knuckle hand wound pickups as they are brilliant pieces of kit.
                      Last edited by Joe2608; 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X