No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Barrera To Fight, Jabs Marquez, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Barrera To Fight, Jabs Marquez, More

Marco Antonio Barrera has faced Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao twice but he had never been to the Philippines until this week, when he landed in Cebu to corner Moises Fuentes for his world title fight on Saturday.

Fuentes, the WBO Minimumweight World Champion, is moving up to 108 lbs to challenge Donnie Nietes for his WBO Light Flyweight World Title in the main event of Pinoy Pride 18 .
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol Barrera going in on marquez

Comment

Legend.

I would love to see Barrera fight again vs Marquez.

Comment

oh **** marco thinks it was a lucky punch and lol @ " he must have a good doctor"...

Comment

So here we have a professional boxer saying "a lucky punch" yet people argue there's no such thing as lucky punches in boxing? Mmhmm

Comment

I love Barrera he is a blood an guts warrior, but his comment make him look jaded. Anyone who thinks that was a lucky punch also probably thinks Barrera beat Marquez as well. GTFOH with that ****. Do you guys see when JMM knocked Manny out, Barrera was the only person in the buidling that wasn't on his feet. He was just sitting there like a grumpy old man.

Comment

Marquez has animosity against JMM him saying it was a lucky punch is just him hating. How was it a lucky punch when Manny walked into the same punch in the fifth round 10 seconds after he dropped JMM himself? JMM has footage practicing that fight and he has footage of him landing the same punch in the same fight rounds prior to the KO...there was nothing lucky about it, he was just fortunate enough that the punch he MEANT to throw and PRACTICED throwing landed on the button and put Manny out.

Comment

Barrera is still sore, this guy is a boxer that most Mexican fighter don't like or gets on with, which says a lot really.

Comment

Barrera and Manny are friends.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Barrera was a bit jealous. He had two attempts against Manny and each one was more decisively for Manny than any of the four Marquez fights.

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  So here we have a professional boxer saying "a lucky punch" yet people argue there's no such thing as lucky punches in boxing? Mmhmm
                  Manny left himself open. Marquez capitalized with an amazing counterpunch.

I don't see what's so difficult to understand.

Comment

This is the second mexican legend to openly mention "Doctor" or "Pharmacy'..add him to Erik Morales of being of the opinion Marquez was not clean. I'm not saying he's dirty or he wasn't..all i'm saying is that it just seems as time has gone on more and more folks are turning to the opinion that something was up. We do really have to be open minded in this situation tho, I think Grantland made a good argument as to why we should. Also a guy of Marquez's reputation tarnishing that at the end of his career by teaming up with Heredia alone as enough to raise eyebrows...if he did dope we can expect to hear about it sooner or later..one thing we know about Memo is he has no loyalty to his employers and will turn into a songbird the first time he gets in trouble and faces jail time or goes broke. Either way I expect to hear more folks publicly talking about the subject now that the shock and fanfare over the result of the fight has dwindled a bit and marquez isn't the hottest topic right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X