Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Pacquiao succeed where Mayweather failed? Will he be the first to stop Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because Mosley is old doesnt mean he has a glass chin either Tunney.

Comment

dunno man, thing is if pac goes for the ko, he will leave himself more open than floyd did which means he is at a bigger risk from that big right

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Just because Mosley is old doesnt mean he has a glass chin either Tunney.
        True.

But Pacquiao has stopped opponents with strong chins (like Oscar).

Comment

He won't knock him out. If he decides to fight Shane, he's gonna experience a whole lot of clinching, and alot of loaded right hands to the face.

Manny is gonna box this time. If he brawls with Shane, he's getting knocked out. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            Naz may well throw in the towell, he not just Shane's trainer he cares about the man. Garcia should have pulled Marg out.
            ^
            This. Richardson will not allow Shane to stay in there and take a beating like Marg.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
              ^
              This. Richardson will not allow Shane to stay in there and take a beating like Marg.
              You can get good odds on a Shane retirement, could be worth a bet.

Comment

I think Pacquiao's going to stop him. Mosley throughout his career has loved to bang in the ring, but you have to consider his current form in comparison to Pacquiao's. Mosley seemed gassed a little halfway through the Mayweather fight, and based on Manny's style that could end up happening earlier. I just don't think Mosley's ever had "great" defense as he takes shots to give them, but as seen with many Pac fights...that's not the smartest thing to do.

I just see Mosley giving a good fight early, but getting taken for the majority of the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Miguel Cotto like beating.

Comment

Agreed...if Manny stops Shane he would succedd where Floyd failed......

I liken it to Vitaly/Lennox Lewis against Shannon Briggs......

The great Lennox Lewis KO'd PRIME Shannon Briggs....while Vitaly couldnt KO a shot/past prime Briggs, despite Briggs fighting with one hand for most of the bout...........

Comment

Originally posted by -The Game- View Post
                    The great Lennox Lewis KO'd PRIME Shannon Briggs....while Vitaly couldnt KO a shot/past prime Briggs, despite Briggs fighting with one hand for most of the bout...........
                    Not a fair comparison, since Vitali is 40 years old, and Lewis was age 31 and at his peak in 1998 when he fought Briggs.

Prime Vitali would have easily stopped Briggs.

Just like prime George Foreman would have KOed Morrison.

The Vitali-Briggs fight should have been stopped anyway, the ref was highly irresponsible. Briggs didn't spend a week in the hospital after the Lewis fight.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 04-25-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                      Floyd Mayweather could not stop the aging Shane Mosley, even though he was tired and ready to be taken out in the second half of the fight.

But will Manny Pacquiao succeed where Floyd failed, and become the first to stop Mosley?

My prediction is Pacquiao by RTD or TKO in the 9th or 10th round. I think Shane's corner or the referee will stop it.
                      don't think mosley will get KTFO like hatton and pwill, but the ref or nazim will stop the fight around round 8-11.

Comment

Working...
                      X