Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rugby championships in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby 7's is about small guys who have stamina and can run. Rugby Union is about 15 men who are big and strong.

Rugby 7 is a joke.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Didn't Dhani Jones (former NFL linebacker) play for some pro club in England's reserve squad in a reserves match on his TV show and he was playing at near their level after like a day or two of practice...and he was 35 or so at the time.
      Nah, it was a pub club I believe.

Comment

Didn't Dhani Jones (former NFL linebacker) play for some pro club in England's reserve squad in a reserves match on his TV show and he was playing at near their level after like a day or two of practice...and he was 35 or so at the time.

Adrian Peterson as a runner
        He played for Blackheath who are a national league 1 team. ie no where near the top division.

If he was playing for the reserve team and was 'nearly' their standard, then that puts him no where near the standard of international elite rugby players.

Itd be like taking a top rugby player and putting them in a college team and them 'nearly' reaching their standard. Which they would.

Comment

Lol at 4corners duck Tom cruises reply which made excellent sense.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            not sure i get the sentence but stamina is not all about work ethic.

If you and me both went out running together, (assuming we were magically same height and build) for a few months and then ran a marathon. One of use would be better than the other due to genetics.

Hence why i posted earlier that you can improve stamina through training but some will be able to reach higher levels than others.

Otherwise i could get training now and as long as im training harder than the competitors, i could win the Olympic marathon... Which is ridiculous.
            Because you can't train for their speed, but you could easily train to have the stamina to finish the race.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
              Because you can't train for their speed, but you could easily train to have the stamina to finish the race.
              yes but can you train to have the same stamina as someone who has better genetics than you?

Finishing the race isnt good enough, we are talking about elite athletes. You need to stay high intensity through the whole game.

Comment

He played for Blackheath who are a national league 1 team. ie no where near the top division.

If he was playing for the reserve team and was 'nearly' their standard, then that puts him no where near the standard of international elite rugby players.

Itd be like taking a top rugby player and putting them in a college team and them 'nearly' reaching their standard. Which they would.
                1 day of practice and the guy was almost on par with League 1 teams (I'm assuming it is the same format as the Premiership)...that isn't bad at all. 1 or 2 days in a game he'd never played and didn't even know the rules/strategies to is pretty impressive. He did say it is a very grueling game.

Comment

Tom Cruise, can you educate the Yanks on the rules of Rugby Union, and Rugby League are please, keep it short, most of them only read NSB titles and not articles so we know what their concentration levels are.

Anyway some videos of the variables in a Rugby game.

Johnny Wilkinson kicks 52 metres, a drop goal. The ball (Remember that it is not a round ball) must be held and then bounced on the floor and kicked past two poles. This is during game play BTW and the time you have is how ever far the opponent is from you.

Every player has to learn to catch the ball. Some catches are high as 30 to 40 yards because of kicks. Others are side to side. The throws look easy but you need to twist it or the ball will not travel straight and fast and just drop. There is a technique to it and you CAN NOT ever pass forward. I would love to see how some NFL players who never touch the ball handle it on a pitch on grass that is over 100 metres long.

This is Jona Lomu, quite a famous player from the 90's I think. I don't watch Rugby but I know him, he's like Mike Tyson of Rugby to me. He's 6 foot 4, and his thighs are 33 inches... he now body builds.

To score a try AKA a TD, you actually need to do a Touch Down... you must not lose control and touch the ground past the line.

Here are tackles at international level. This is the best level of Rugby Union I believe. Normal clubs, league and 7's are not considered the top elite if I am right, although Rugby league is up there, but Union at international level is where you would compare to the NFL if you want to.

Just a random video I Youtubed quickly.

Tom Cruise obviously watches Rugby so he knows what videos would be best to show. I am just here to defend anything UK and attack anything USA.

PS Rugby players 'drugs' are 12 pints of larger, NFL players are on Horse HGH.

Comment

1 day of practice and the guy was almost on par with League 1 teams (I'm assuming it is the same format as the Premiership)...that isn't bad at all. 1 or 2 days in a game he'd never played and didn't even know the rules/strategies to is pretty impressive. He did say it is a very grueling game.
                    League 1 reserve team is the second team that plays other second teams. Maybe 2 or 3 may get onto the bench of the real team. Anyway it would be good to actually see video of this guy playing a Rugby game to see what he did in the game. However if he was on their level, even if the reserve team, that's pretty good. Then again the more games you play, the likely worse you get because the game breaks down your body each week.

I am not sure if league 1 is the 2nd division or not, but I do know that Rugby in England is not as good at club level as France and Super 15 (NZ and Australia) from just a quick Google.

The Premiership in teams of Football England is really good. Not so much for Rugby.

Tom Cruise please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Rugby 7's is actually hugely tough in its own right though, the fitness you need despite its short running time is incredible. Rest assured it takes a ridiculously fit person to sprint full on for 14 minutes with only 1 minute break in between. Its no Union or League though
                      The point is that somebody watched a Rugby VII's tournament and deduced that rugby players are not comparable to the best American football players in the world. Rugby VII's is not even close to being the best rugby football league. I don't deny it takes some doing but it's like comparing football to five-a-side or Futsal.

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                      Not even close. I can train to run a marathon I can't train to be Bo Jackson.
                      You're not talking about the same thing. "I could train to run a marathon but I couldn't train to be someone regarded by many as the best athlete in the history of sport". I could train to play baseball or American football but I'm never going to play either at an elite level. Neither am I ever going to run a marathon at an elite level but I will be training and running one this year.

Originally posted by Tony Perkins View Post
                      If you put the NFL elite (excluding QB's) in rugby against the Rugby elite, I'm sorry but the rugby elite are going to get absolutely SMASHED by the NFL elite. Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, etc.

They would absolutely destroy any Rugby elite team. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
                      At rugby? They would be picked apart in seconds, the rugby team would build an early lead as the NFLers failed to read the game and the defeat would turn into a route after about twenty minutes as the NFL athletes tired severely. The rugby team would be unlikely to give up even a single point as once the ball gets moving from person to person the American players, unused to the flowing dynamic of the game, yielded possession over and over again. And it would only get worse as the game went on.

At actual American football I would imagine the reverse would be true.

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      Nah, it was a pub club I believe.
                      It was Blackheath. They're in the lowest national league in England. It's a bit like a rugby player going to NFL Europe.

Comment

Working...
                      X