Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is more suicidal whites or blacks

I say whites.

Comment

Uh oh, anotha race thread. Watch this spark a ban or 2.

Comment

Probably white people, pretty sure of it.

Comment

white people I think....

Comment

I don't think race has any connection to suicide rates, but gender and age certainly do.

In all races and in all cultures, men are several times more likely to commit suicide than women.

I read somewhere that throughout the world, older men are the most likely to commit suicide (men over 50).

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
              I don't think race has any connection to suicide rates, but gender and age certainly do.

In all races and in all cultures, men are several times more likely to commit suicide than women.

I read somewhere that throughout the world, older men are the most likely to commit suicide (men over 50).
              Hey, are you watching the HBO BAD card tonight? Should be a good one.

Comment

Well black people don't really have time to think about suicide. They're usually shot dead before they even have the chance to entertain those thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Hey, are you watching the HBO BAD card tonight? Should be a good one.
                  Yes, I'll be watching it for sure.

From wikipedia:

Gender and suicide

In the United States, males are four times more likely to die by suicide than females. Male suicide rates are higher than females in all age groups (the ratio varies from 3:1 to 10:1).

In other western countries, males are also much more likely to die by suicide than females (usually by a factor of 3–4:1). It was the 8th leading cause of death for males, and 19th leading cause of death for females. Excess male mortality from suicide is also evident from data from non-Western countries.
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X