Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Cotto II on December 1 at MSG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's make it happen. Pacquiao-Mayweather won't be Floyd's first fight after jail anyway. The first Mayweather-Cotto fight was a good one. It's in NY too, so I can go to this one! Let's do this!

Comment

never ever ever
      floyd wont leave lv

Comment

Something tells me that Floyd wont be fighting at msg. Maybe in yankee stadium, but probably not even. Mgm is his home, and he has the power at negotiations. Plus, Ny taxes are ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
          Mayweather-Cotto II on December 1 at MSG?
          By Rey Colón -The Sport Press

A second bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Miguel Cotto might be held on December 1 in Madison Square Garden in New York following the success of the first meeting. Cotto himself mentioned that date for a possible return in 2012 and rejected an offer to fight on September 15 against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, who is without an opponent after injuries to Paul Williams and Victor Ortiz. Cotto was in New York City approximately three weeks ago as were those who handle Mayweather Jr., who is currently serving an 87 day sentence in a Las Vegas jail. If Floyd gets out by September, they would be ready to fight on the coast East where Cotto is an idol. And as The Sport Press reported on May 14, the economic success and the closeness of the first fight, where the ‘Money’ praised Cotto, makes a second fight viable. According to a credible source, the date of December 1 is already reserved at the Garden.

Holy Shiz!
          Floyd don't fight out of Las Vegas.

Comment

Imagine if Floyd got robbed at MSG and lost his 0 lol

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Take away the swooping right and left uppercut, floyds only success?

What did floyd learn?

(with that said, i think may still wins. but money talks, so a rematch could probably potentially happen at some time)

he didn't take them away even once. Also he was getting chopped by Zab and Manny's left upper and Shane's right hook/ overhand. Cotto's had all those fights to learn from and still Floyd's most successful shots were the left upper and OH right. Counter punchers do better in rematches.

Comment

Something tells me that Floyd wont be fighting at msg. Maybe in yankee stadium, but probably not even. Mgm is his home, and he has the power at negotiations. Plus, Ny taxes are ridiculous
                Agreed. But Yankee Stadium in December ain't happening. lol

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  he didn't take them away even once. Also he was getting chopped by Zab and Manny's left upper and Shane's right hook/ overhand. Cotto's had all those fights to learn from and still Floyd's most successful shots were the left upper and OH right. Counter punchers do better in rematches.
                  Well your first sentece is innacurate, for starters. Quite a few times he took/blocked mayweathers sweeping right, but admittadely never the left upper. He's never worked on taking it away. Its not hard to do, merely a small tactical defensive adjustment. But at the same time, to focus on taking that away would probably open mayweathers left hook.

In anycase, id be willing to bet that cotto learned more about fighting floyd than floyd learned about fighting cotto.

With that said, i think floyd would still win, maybe just a closer fight on the cards.

Comment

Well your first sentece is innacurate, for starters. Quite a few times he took/blocked mayweathers sweeping right, but admittadely never the left upper. He's never worked on taking it away. Its not hard to do, merely a small tactical defensive adjustment. But at the same time, to focus on taking that away would probably open mayweathers left hook.

In anycase, id be willing to bet that cotto learned more about fighting floyd than floyd learned about fighting cotto.

With that said, i think floyd would still win, maybe just a closer fight on the cards.

When you close one avenue another opens. I disagree with you though. I think Floyd will stop him if they fight again, or he will beat him worse than the first time. Smart, tactical fighters always do better in rematches, even when they lose the first fight, they end up doing better the second time, win, lose or draw.

Comment

What I noticed was Cotto could not land the straight right hand, granted he doesn't have a great one but I think he should have tried to direct that punch to the body more as oppose to the head. I like this fight though, beats the heck out of a Mayweather-Khan fight, which I still can't phantom why anyone wants to see that.

Comment

Working...
                      X