No announcement yet.

Does skin colour affect cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does skin colour affect cuts?

Was reading about George Grove. He is very white and cuts every fight. What do you guys think?

this thread will literally amount to nothing good.

Comment

Pretty sure its just thickness of skin. However, black fighters do tend to cut a lot less than white fighters. British fighters have never had a good history with cuts.

Comment

Ever heard the term 'leakin like a puerto rican'?

Suffice to say it probably matters to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
          Was reading about George Grove. He is very white and cuts every fight. What do you guys think?
          You're race baiting so I don't ever want to hear you talk shit to me about the mention of colors.

Comment

I read somewhere that white guys cut up more as they have sharper bones. It said Black folks have more rounded bones. Lol don't know if that's true though.

Comment

Absolutely.

White people cut easier, skin is probably less tough and less thick as they need to absorb the same amount of sunlight as black but, with less sun. So overtime after people migrated out of Africa their skin decolourised and got less resistant to the sun and therefore less tough and less resistant to contact?

I don't know the actual reason but that sounds possible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
                Absolutely.

White people cut easier, skin is probably less tough and less thick as they need to absorb the same amount of sunlight as black but, with less sun. So overtime after people migrated out of Africa their skin decolourised and got less resistant to the sun and therefore less tough and less resistant to contact?

That is true about pigmentation. It has nothing to do with toughness/thickness of the skin. Doesn't make any sense, does it? Neither does your story.

That's like saying that a black tshirt is tougher than a white tshirt because the black shirt absorbs more sunlight.

That doesn't make any sense, does it. Neither does your story.

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
                  Absolutely.

I have heard it all....Now Blacks have skin like leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    That is true about pigmentation. It has nothing to do with toughness/thickness of the skin. Doesn't make any sense, does it? Neither does your story.

That's like saying that a black tshirt is tougher than a white tshirt because the black shirt absorbs more sunlight.

That doesn't make any sense, does it. Neither does your story.
                    Yeah you're right.

I still hold my opinion that whites cut a little easier and no-one getting sad is going to change it.
                    Last edited by Barn; 01-06-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X