No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: 70% of Tickets Sold For Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: 70% of Tickets Sold For Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch

The two-city press tour to promote the upcoming April 12 pay-per-view event between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley served as bookends for its tickets going on sale Wednesday morning.

The press tour began in sunny Los Angeles (specifically in Beverly Hills) on Tuesday, before trekking cross-country to temperatures roughly 60 degrees colder in snow-and-ice riddled New York City for their press conference Thursday morning.

As promoter Bob Arum, president of Top Rank Inc., prepared to promote the pay-per-view event, his introductions included good news for the promotion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's all? Well Rob if it makes you feel any better selling only 70% of the tickets at this point is probably the good news. PPV will probably hit around 750,000 and thats when your fighters, your network, and your family will turn against you.

Comment

I knew the tickets would sale well. I just don't know how well the PPV will sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        That's all? Well Rob if it makes you feel any better selling only 70% of the tickets at this point is probably the good news. PPV will probably hit around 750,000 and thats when your fighters, your network, and your family will turn against you.
        Is 750 a bad ppv #?

Comment

Pacquiao-Bradley 1 had 900K buys? That's 200k more than originally reported. Did they really find an extra 200k somewhere after all this time? Was this something Arum randomly said recently, or has it been confirmed by anyone else?

EDIT: Oh I guess this is old news. Must have missed it.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-06-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Pac/Bradley II will do twice as much as Floyd/Guerrero fight (650K - 700K)!

Comment

Since Arum claimed it sold 900,000, that means that Pac/Bradley I actually sold 600,000 because Arum always exaggerates the numbers by 30 percent. I think Pac/Bradley II might hit 800,000. When Arum says 70 percent of the tickets have been sold, what he really means is that they have been sold to ticket brokers not fans.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                Since Arum claimed it sold 900,000, that means that Pac/Bradley I actually sold 600,000 because Arum always exaggerates the numbers by 30 percent.
                Just looked around and found confirmation directly from HBO though.
                The first bout generated approximately 890,000 pay-per-view buys, according to Mark Taffet of HBO PPV.
                http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/...ial-fight-2012

Comment

The better fighter will win again. Bradley by decision

Comment

500k in ppv sells for this one and not a sell out

Comment

Working...
                    X