No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chagaev Rejects Rumors: Tyson Fury Talk is Premature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chagaev Rejects Rumors: Tyson Fury Talk is Premature

Former WBA heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaev (29-2-1, 18KOs) rejected the widely circulated rumors that he's planning to fight Tyson Fury (19-0, 14KOs) in the month of November. Chagaev returns this Saturday night against journeyman Werner Kreiskott (12-18-1, 8KOs). The fight takes place at the Koenig Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen as part of the Felix Sturm-Daniel Geale undercard.

[Click Here To Read More]

Werner Kreiskott is a soft opponent. But Ruslan has no trainer right now, and at least he's staying active.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Werner Kreiskott is a soft opponent. But Ruslan has no trainer right now, and at least he's staying active.
      i agree with you that it's good he's active. i've always been hard on him but mostly because of inactivity & his usually weak opposition. injuries have played a role in his decline & he has gotten some favorable hometown decisions but he won't be held back by universum anymore so i'll give him another chance to put it together. his wins over valuev, meehan & walker are nice(i thought he lost to walker)but his best win is over john ruiz. his title defences vs matt skelton & carl drumond were low points in my opinion & he should have lost to drumond. carl drumond should have been the WBA champion. chagaev is only 33 so he has some time to put it all together. at worst he becomes another former champion gatekeeper.

Comment

I like Ruslan's attitude, I hope the fight comes off and I hope both men are at the best they can be.

Comment

Fury will carry on rattling off names while fighting the Maddalones of the boxing world for a good few fights yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Fury will carry on rattling off names while fighting the Maddalones of the boxing world for a good few fights yet.
            considering the kid is only 24 years old, I have absoloutley no problem with that

Comment

really hope chagaev can find a trainer and sort out his management problems and sign for this fight,chagaev would really be a big test for tyson "the test that he really needs"considering tyson is now wbc top 10 he needs to be fighting this type of guys not just fringe contenders"chisora pajkic maddalone etc" .the other fight i like for tyson if chagaev falls through is a guy from new zealand called shane cameron.shane cameron got hammered by david tua in a couple of rounds a few years ago but has since won a few and was sparring partner to david haye and i think would give tyson a good run for his money for a few rounds.but lets hope ex world champ chagaev gets the fight lets wait and see???

Comment

Fury's next opponent better be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Fury's next opponent better be worthwhile.
                  agreed, at the ripe old age of 24 he is really running out of time

if he doesn't move soon he will never achieve anything in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    agreed, at the ripe old age of 24 he is really running out of time

if he doesn't move soon he will never achieve anything in boxing
                    You're in favour of Tyson Fury going 40 - 0 against the Rogans & McDermotts in this world?

I don't care how old he is, he needs to step-up. He cannot become complacent fighting the level of opposition he is now and he needs to taste what it's like at the top if he is to improve.

You're right, if he doesn't move soon he will never achieve anything in boxing. I doubt he will if he takes his time - but at 24 he can easily re-build from a setback.

Comment

Working...
                    X