No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

The early returns on Floyd Mayweather’s self-titled documentary underline the difference between being a superstar and a boxing star.

‘MAYWEATHER’ – a one-hour documentary on the sport’s pound-for-pound king – made its network premiere Saturday evening on CBS. The segment aired one week prior to the unbeaten welterweight’s May 4 pay-per-view showdown with Robert Guerrero, the first of a lucrative six-fight, 30-month deal inked with Showtime after a career spent on rival HBO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had no idea that was even showing on CBS. Lol damn that article is ether though.

Comment

LOL..And people were trying to convince me that this **** was a success in the other thread. GTFOH.

Comment

Well you had a UFC fight, a boxing match on HBO.This wasn't the smartest scheduling.
        Last edited by ThatDude44; 04-28-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

does'nt matter. he's getting paid and will put a spanking on the ghost. bottom line.

Comment

The writer sounds butthurt, lol.

As somebody mentioned, there was a fight on HBO, Showtime, and the NBA playoffs were on...what did they expect?

Hell, Manny's fight with Tim was scheduled for Game 7 of the NBA finals last year. Stuff like that will hurt your numbers, especially if a huge event is free and your program costs money.

Comment

Wonder why they felt the need to show this.
              Makes me think they feel many casual fans have been turned off by Floyd's antics and jail time.
              This was like a political ad trying to highlight the soft side of him.
              I'll say this, if this fight does more than a million in PPV buys then Floyd should get a lot of credit. This promotion has been a bust and the buzz around this fight is almost non existent..
              I was watching the fights and UFC with a bunch of buddies and i had to let them know who Guerrero was and remind them that Floyd was fighting next weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                Wonder why they felt the need to show this.
                Makes me think they feel many casual fans have been turned off by Floyd's antics and jail time.
                This was like a political ad trying to highlight the soft side of him.
                I'll say this, if this fight does more than a million in PPV buys then Floyd should get a lot of credit. This promotion has been a bust and the buzz around this fight is almost non existent..
                I was watching the fights and UFC with a bunch of buddies and i had to let them know who Guerrero was and remind them that Floyd was fighting next weekend...
                itll do a million. why ppl doubt it is beyond me.

Comment

Maybe these stupid ****s will learn you have to market. You can't just put a show like that on network tv, and expect it to automatically get ratings.

Could you imagine Lebron James having a doc done on him on network tv? That **** would be in commercials nightly for a month.

The stupid fucking boxing promoters will never learn. Plus they don't care. Too money hungry to improve the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                    does'nt matter. he's getting paid and will put a spanking on the ghost. bottom line.
                    So what? and big deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X