No announcement yet.

Saved by the bell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I've never seen this fight, but I heard that Johansson was out cold at the final bell in his last fight against Brian London. Can anyone confirm?
    Johansson got up at the count of 10 but he was still dazed when the fight ended.

One example:

3:05

A great example of being saved by the bell was the Fritzie Zivic-Milt Aron fight in which Aron was down 3 times and knocked out flat on his back during the 2nd round, only to be saved by the bell. He took a beating for the next 4 rounds, but came back to flatten the iron-jawed Zivic in the 8th round.

Comment

Used to be quite a common occurrence, especially before TKOs became the rule rather than the exception.

Comment

Archie Moore. 3.10:

Comment

Aahhh. Matthew Saad Muhammad. One of my all-time favourite fighters. Always coming back from the brink of destruction.

I found this gem from early in his career (when he was Matt Franklin). It's against Richie Kates. It's wildly entertaining. Incredibly BOTH are saved by the bell.

If you wont bother seeing the whole fight (which you should), then start at 14.30:

Comment

Working...
          X