No announcement yet.

Which would you pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
    Low risk with a high reward or high risk with low reward? So many people hate on boxers who choose money over legacy. Im one that feel the money is screwing up boxing but that is looking at it from a fan point of view. Look at it from a boxers point of view. Buisness first fight second.

We can't hate on Mayweather (even though I can't stand the guy as a boxer, but I respect him to the up most as a buisness man) for getting money first then think of his legacy second.

We can't hate on boxers who want to fight a smaller boxer at a catch weight to make more money then he would if he was to clean out his own division.

As a fan of boxing I dont like it but as a buisness man I understand.
    There should be a happy medium. Can't blame a fighter for wanting to cash in, but when they do it consistently they're depriving the fans who make it possible for them to get those paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydsEra View Post
      Good post, ts. Green K sent.

It's almpost as if people expect and want Floyd to make bad business moves. He's not a moron, he won't do that
      Who said anything about Floyd?

Comment

Depends fighting for glory =high risk
        for money = low risk

Comment

High reward either way **** it im greedy.

Comment

I co-sign that.

Comment

Hmmm....

Every aspiring boxer desires to one day command the big bucks and notoriety.

Just about every amateur boxer fights many fights at no or low pay at the start of his career.

When they've proven themselves in the ring against increasingly tough competition, the recogntition and dollar signs start to generate a glimmer of hope of one day becoming world champ commanding the high dollar.

Once a fighter's name is recognized as world champion, he is afforded the low risk, high reward fights, and high risk, high reward fights as well to build his legacy.

For the sake of the poll, low risk high reward is the common choice because low reward with a high risk makes little sense when a fighter's got a family to feed, a roof to maintain, and taxes to pay. Not to mention the cuts his team takes to perform their jobs, and looming medical bills on the horizon if he suffers a debilitating, career ending injury.

That's about all I can gather for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jone2ts View Post
                High reward either way **** it im greedy.
                You sound like Money Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                X