No announcement yet.

***The TRUTH About Wlad v. Tony***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
    if you have such power in your punches then you should stop your opponent and not go to the cards...

the fact that tony was outpunching wlad...out landing wlad and apparently landing at a HIGHER PERCENTAGE should be taken into consideration...

wlad landed the hard shots but tony landed more punches...more often; etc.
    who gives a ****, who won at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
      What changed midway in this fight is Thompson was being hurt and weakened more and more by the accumulation of hard punches by Wlad.

Give Thompson credit, many other fighters would have been knocked out earlier.

But I notice Wlad is starting to decline a bit. He wasn't moving around as effortlessly as he did against Brock, Byrd, and Austin.
      its because Tony is a big 6'5 southpaw who likes to take control of the fights hes in and Wlad had trouble with that because thats what Thompson did

Comment

Let me make a few things clear before you begin reading:

A) Im NOT a Wlad hater...

B) I actually put real money on Wlad to win

However Wlad was in trouble early in this fight...not in a sense of being hurt/knocked down/out but in trouble in a sense that he was close to being outboxed by a very unlikely opponent.

Tony COULD HAVE won this fight...or at the least forced a close decision (win or lose)...early on in the fight tony was working the body and not letting wlad have an edge but somewhere between the 5th and 7th round he gave up and let wlad have his way.

Through 6 rounds (i didnt keep an actual on paper scorecard) but it was either even or extremely close to even...

I didnt expect tony to come on so well...the body attack was really working for him...if he kept it up he could have forced a split decision (win or lose)...

however he basically gave up.

Props to wlad for hanging in there...

and props to tony for putting up a WAY better fight than i expected...before this fight i thought wlad puts him out within 5...he went 11...and could have turned it around...

what are your thoughts on this fight?
        This is a good post. You don't have to say you aren't a hater. It isn't hating, it's giving your opinion. Wlad fights like an amateur. Merchant saw Wlad's fighting and even he saw that the heavyweights in boxing today are terrible. Wlad just hold and hits, holds you down, grabs, grabs, and fights like he is so uncomfortable. He just can't fight inside. There just aren't any highly skilled heavyweights today. Wlad is lucky. He looked like an amateur today. He gets so uncomfortable in the ring when a guy comes at him. I just can't watch that type of fighting from the heavyweight champ of the world. This is why nobody likes to watch him fight here in America. Props to him for winning, but he wins ugly. This is why he never fights on ppv. Nobody wants to pay to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I ****ed your sister in her fat ass, but she was the one who was smoking crack, not me. And I didn't give you any red karma, but I'll make a point of doing it now douchebag.
          Good God Scott lol. What the heck is going on lol?

Comment

Let me make a few things clear before you begin reading:

A) Im NOT a Wlad hater...

B) I actually put real money on Wlad to win

However Wlad was in trouble early in this fight...not in a sense of being hurt/knocked down/out but in trouble in a sense that he was close to being outboxed by a very unlikely opponent.

Tony COULD HAVE won this fight...or at the least forced a close decision (win or lose)...early on in the fight tony was working the body and not letting wlad have an edge but somewhere between the 5th and 7th round he gave up and let wlad have his way.

Through 6 rounds (i didnt keep an actual on paper scorecard) but it was either even or extremely close to even...

I didnt expect tony to come on so well...the body attack was really working for him...if he kept it up he could have forced a split decision (win or lose)...

however he basically gave up.

Props to wlad for hanging in there...

and props to tony for putting up a WAY better fight than i expected...before this fight i thought wlad puts him out within 5...he went 11...and could have turned it around...

what are your thoughts on this fight?
            I thought Thompson won the first round convincingly, but Klitschko came back twice as strong in the second round. Thompson had his moments but Klitschko adjusted, got his rhythm and systematically broke Tony down mentally and physically. Additionally Thompson showed zero heart after the 5th round and showed virtually no effort...

To think Tony could have won is naive...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I ****ed your sister in her fat ass, but she was the one who was smoking crack, not me. And I didn't give you any red karma, but I'll make a point of doing it now douchebag.
              LMAO thanks for this Scott.

Comment

The first thing a judge looks for is "clean, effective punching". Wlad was a whole lot more effective.

Comment

very sub-par performance by Wlad, and Wlad still easily knocked him out. He was never hurt or rocked, but looked sloppy and frustrated, and held too much. When he was letting his hands go, he was breaking Thompson down. Maybe he was not used to fighting a southpaw as large as him?

Comment

if you have such power in your punches then you should stop your opponent and not go to the cards...
                    Um, not sure if you noticed, but.....it didn't.

Comment

You fight some big heavyweight and then tell me you would rather get hit with a small amount of big punches rather that a lot of weak punches.

Wlad probably found out early that Tony's punches were weak and decided to take more of Tony's punches so he can land one big one. It wouldnt be the first time its happened.
                      Of course you'd RATHER get hit with the weaker punches...however overtime they still take their toll like a big punch...it just takes longer to feel it as good and more of them.

but hard v. light punches doesnt determine how to score a fight...

for instance...lets say i land 25 out of 40 punches on you in a round...and you land 5 out of 30...

mine are pitty-pat and yours are the kind that you swear could take someone's head off...

wouldnt people score that round for me? i used MORE punches...landed MORE punches...and at a HIGHER PERCENTAGE...sure you got in your good hard shots but i was more consistant throughout the round and controlled the action overall...true?

Comment

Working...
                      X