Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Judah, Quillin-Guerrero is Moving To April 27th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am I the only who thinks it's funny that Garcia pulls out just a couple of hours after the Matthysse KO?

the story has been conflicted and it just seems like a tactic to dely a Matthysse fight.

Garcia doesn't have to fight Matthysse but if he doesn't he should just vacate the WBC strap. if he isn't willing to honor the obligations of that belt then he shouldn't have it. it's ok if Haymon, Schaefer and Angel Garcia are afraid to put him in with Matthysse. just let a real champion have the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
      Honestly if Judah uses his boxing skills and stays focused he can beat Garcia remember...Judah was up like the first four rounds when he fought mayweather years ago when they were both in their prime he was beating Floyd to the punch in every exchange but then he lost focus Judah can win.
      This isn't the same naturally gifted Judah that we were watching in the late 90s/early 2000's. This Judah is older, been through a lot of wars, doesn't have the same reflexes and his towards the end of his career.

This would have been an amazing fight if it was Danny Garcia vs. the 2003/2004 Zab Judah.

Judah's last stand was against Matthysse. He showed heart, grit and determination and squeaked out a victory. He earned his title shot against Amir Khan and quit. That should of been the end of the road right there. People put way too much weight on that Paris fight.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him beat Danny Garcia and will be pulling for him on fight night. But I don't see him lasting the full 12 in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
        It's the same night that Martinez is fight Murray on HBO. It's going to be a good night of boxing but Feb looks pretty crappy now.
        2 **** fights on 1 day

They should have Paulie fight that day for the triple crown of **** fight
        Last edited by Russian Crushin; 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Garica told ESPN that he had a "'chest wall contusion" which is basically a bruise.

http://www.uofmmedicalcenter.org/hea...ticle/115933EN

old Chop Chop Corley bruised him and now he's waiting over two months to fight over a bruise. I can understand if he got into a car accident and had serious brusing but did he really have that deep of a bruise from Chop Chop Corley in sparring?

only the most die hard nut hugger can defend this guy

Comment

So I see someone is only going to fight Judah and Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
              Garica told ESPN that he had a "'chest wall contusion" which is basically a bruise.

old Chop Chop Corley bruised him and now he's waiting over two months to fight over a bruise. I can understand if he got into a car accident and had serious brusing but did he really have that deep of a bruise from Chop Chop Corley in sparring?

I'm going with the he was taking training camp lightly theory and are using the bruise as an excuse.

Comment

Exactly 3 months actually to the day

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  LMFAO.

Judah in April, Khan in the fall, no Matthysse in 2013.
                  How convenient. This injury is the best thing thats happened in Garcia's career.

Comment

Well a contusion to the muscles along the ribs are super painful and you really can't move in any athletic way with that sort of injury, breaking a rib is probably easier to just deal with.

Then the three months well he is going to need to chill thus will need full time to make weight and be in fighting shape, so even if he only does a 6 week camp that doesn't leave him that much time to recover and if he wants to do 8 that might cut it real close.

Not to mention they would need an open date for Barclay's~
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-27-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      This isn't the same naturally gifted Judah that we were watching in the late 90s/early 2000's. This Judah is older, been through a lot of wars, doesn't have the same reflexes and his towards the end of his career.

This would have been an amazing fight if it was Danny Garcia vs. the 2003/2004 Zab Judah.

Judah's last stand was against Matthysse. He showed heart, grit and determination and squeaked out a victory. He earned his title shot against Amir Khan and quit. That should of been the end of the road right there. People put way too much weight on that Paris fight.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him beat Danny Garcia and will be pulling for him on fight night. But I don't see him lasting the full 12 in this one.
                      Good point the thing about the Amir khan fight khan is a really good boxer and yea he did quit but I just don't think we can rule Judah out here if he can out box Danny he has a chance but if he loses focus which is definitely possible yea he won't last twelve but I think he thinks and knows he is in the last stage of his career and right now it's do or die to get him back amongst the elite boxers in the division it's a shame a boxer with so much talent got himself caught up in some stupid mess during fights anyway... We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X