No announcement yet.

Caught boxing on NBC Cunningham vs. Adamek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught boxing on NBC Cunningham vs. Adamek

So saw boxing on NBC, a major network. So this is the first time boxing has been on major network in a long time, hasn't it? When was the last time boxing was on a major network, Tyson vs. Mathis in 1995 on Fox?

Does this mean boxing on NBC will start happening more often?

Also, did you guys agree with the judges decision? I only caught the end, but the fans seemed angry about it, so were they wrong? Was this considered a robbery, or a close fight?

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    So saw boxing on NBC, a major network. So this is the first time boxing has been on major network in a long time, hasn't it? When was the last time boxing was on a major network, Tyson vs. Mathis in 1995 on Fox?

Does this mean boxing on NBC will start happening more often?

Also, did you guys agree with the judges decision? I only caught the end, but the fans seemed angry about it, so were they wrong? Was this considered a robbery, or a close fight?
    I thought Cunningham won by about 7-5. Adamek is definitely on the downslide now.

Comment

Cunningham won.

And NBC has been doing boxing cards over the last year. They had Santa Cruz (bantam champ) on a week ago.

Comment

So they sometimes show boxing on Saturday nights? When did this start?

Comment

Santa Cruz was on CBS last week, that was the first network show in like 14 years or so. Some fight with DLH i think?

That was the first fight NBC has done. They have had other shows on NBC Sports, and I think they are scheduled sometime to have another show on regular NBC.

The show last week on CBS was the second highest rated sporting event of the week not counting NFL. Some said it was a success, so hopefully that means more shows.

Comment

I remember Bryant Jennings/Liakovich being one of the first shows to put boxing back on a major network.

Comment

Sweet, good to know it's back on major networks now. No more of this boxing is dead crap from that buddy of mine I talk to from time to time.

Comment

Yeah, they're getting good ratings too. Boxing has been gaining momentum over the last few years, if anything.

Comment

Good. First UFC on Fox and now this. It's about damn time. I know not all you guys are MMA fans, but I am. No wonder they added women's boxing to the last Olympics. Because it's getting more major network airtime with the men. I wonder if that means there will be more women's boxing on TV too. What do you guys think? Marlen Esparza won bronze and Claressa Shields won gold. Do you think they'll get on TV if they turn pro? I could see Laila Ali doing some color commentary, she was pretty good in the interviews about boxing during the Olympics.

Maybe this will also mean male boxers will stop sucking it up every summer Olympics too, or am I going too far now?
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

First fight back on network tv and we get another corrupt decision first up. It's no wonder it disappeared, and rightly so sadly.

Did you know that Buffer actually announced the correct score cardthe first time? It was written out as 115-115, which would have made it a majority draw, and still the wrong decision, but the commissioner took the card and brought it back to Buffer and it had been changed to give Adamek the win. Blatant corruption. These guys deserve prison.

Adamek and the promoters win, while boxing, the fans and most important, Cunningham, loses. I haven't felt that bad for a fighter in so long. You could see it break his spirit, just like what happened to Fenech when he was robbed by King. He had waited 4 years and a lot of ****ty, small, badly paid fights to get another shot. He fought brilliantly, won, and it made no difference. He was still robbed. Now, he misses out on any big shot at HW, he's made very little money in his career and its likely he will never get another shot. His promoters are a ****ing disgrace. They've basically benched him for good for a guy he clearly beat.

Comment

Working...
                    X