No announcement yet.

Al Bernstein clarifies his views on Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
    Mares is a great body puncher but throws a lot of low and borderline punches and he should be criticized for throwing low. There was no excuse for the low blow he landed on Agbeko in 12th round of the first fight. He head wasn't being pushed down in that exchange or many of the other exchanges in that fight.
    His punch was about to land on the beltline but was deflected by Agbeko's glove.

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
    Dude is a joke. So it's ok for Abner's opponents to shove his head down but he can't use rough tactics back? GTFO here...why don't you guys fly to his town and blow him.
    Did you watch the video? Bernstein said the referee should let both fighters get away with rough house tactics.

Comment

I like the fact that he went out and clarified his statements. You'll never hear someone like Jim Lampley do this, after millions call him out on his nut huggery and biased calling of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Mares is a very dirty fighter.

Embrace him. Al is right about the refs.

Great fighters can be dirty. Look at Bhop.
        Terrible post.

Comment

[QUOTE=Light_Speed;12695728]His punch was about to land on the beltline but was deflected by Agbeko's glove.

You should watch it again. That was one of many low blows in that fight. But that punch wouldn't have been a clean punch if Agbeko had his hands above his head.

Comment

If someone doesent like mares fighting style, or what the ref isn't calling, don't watch mares fight! That seems to be what got him where he is today. I think it would bother me if he hit low when he was in trouble or something. But if you throw a crapload of body punches while chasing your opponent, im sure some of those are going low...

Comment

Originally posted by mofrekinfoe View Post
              If someone doesent like mares fighting style, or what the ref isn't calling, don't watch mares fight! That seems to be what got him where he is today. I think it would bother me if he hit low when he was in trouble or something. But if you throw a crapload of body punches while chasing your opponent, im sure some of those are going low...
              Good post. Anyway, kids, this individual needs boxing 101.

Comment

I think that's fair..... Need a competent ref though

Comment

Working...
                X