No announcement yet.

Chavez v Martinez: RING SIZE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    Las Vegas is 20ft I believe. So unless the athletic commission allow them 2 change it (like Texas did) then it should be 20ft. I think las Vegas is more strict wih rules tho, in the mayweather cotto fight they said it had 2 10 gloves as that was the rules.
    Yeah. This is what I was thinking and it'll be good if this is the case. No special treatment for either fighter. I think the fight is great as long as it's fair. I do give Chavez a tiny shot, if Martinez slips up and makes mistakes. I don't think Chavez can beat Martinez if Martinez is 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Yeah. This is what I was thinking and it'll be good if this is the case. No special treatment for either fighter. I think the fight is great as long as it's fair. I do give Chavez a tiny shot, if Martinez slips up and makes mistakes. I don't think Chavez can beat Martinez if Martinez is 100%.
      Thats how it should b fair 4 both fighters go by the rules n let the better man win. Someone with Chavez size advantage is always gonna have a chance, but I agree I think Martinez will take it

Comment

this isnt a pacquiao fight

Comment

It's all about the contract. If the fighters contract for a 5X5 ring, it'll be a 5X5 ring.

Comment

Isn't ring size stipulated when they are draqwing up the contracts? Dibella isn't goiing to let his guy fight in a pack-n-play and Arum wouldmt let Jr fight in a football field. If the ring is somehow smaller in dimension I'm sure Martinez would know and he would be able to procure a ring of that size with his connections certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Ring size is contracted and dealt with like every other element .
              Ain't it different since it's a title fight?

Comment

Don't know for certain, but my guess would be that $$$ talks.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                  Apparently you're not a Mensa. What if the situation were reversed and Martinez scored a giant, boundaryless field to fight in? See how that might hurt your slow-plodding ******ed idol? What if Martinez added a rule to the fight that Chavez couldn't go to the body? What if Martinez limited the amount of weight Chavez can put back on after the weigh-in? I could go on and on. You dumb little biyatches would be crying and you know it.

Ring size matters, period. There's zero reason to respect a fighter if, in order to beat another fighter, he has to change the standard ring size. GTFO. I own you dumb b1tches for real.
                  Somebody's asking to be banned, lol.

Comment

It would be nice if the fight was in a 10ft ring with barbed wire as the ropes.

Comment

Shouldnt matter.. Martinez said hes gonna stand and fight not run like a lil b1tch

Comment

Working...
                      X