Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana finally gets his way. Edgar to 145.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana finally gets his way. Edgar to 145.

Frankie Edgar is headed to the featherweight division.

After much discussion and speculation, the former UFC lightweight champion has decided to move down to 145 pounds and is hoping to make his debut by the end of the year. The news was first reported on Tuesday night's episode of UFC Tonight on FUEL TV.

Edgar said he'll fight any featherweight the UFC matches him up against first. White said at the UFC 150 post-fight press conference that Edgar would most likely have to win at least once as a featherweight in order to receive a title shot, so he's not expecting a title shot right off the bat. Jose Aldo, the UFC featherweight champion, defends his title next against Erik Koch at UFC 153 on Oct. 13.
    MMAfighting.com

i feel sorry for frankie. Aldo will destroy him and he's HUGE for 145.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      I think he takes Aldo it might be a rough first few rds but i think he will wear him down and take him out.

Comment

Edgar should get the title shot right away IMO. I think he has more than earned a shot even though most his accomplishments are at 155.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        I wouldn't say destroy. Frankie is a tough nut. He would put up a hell of a fight. Aldo never faced anyone remotely close to Edgar and if the fight goes past the 3rd, I wouldn't put it past Edgar to dominate the last 2 rounds with ground and pound and possibly win a tko. Not saying it would happen but I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I think Aldo wins, but Edgar will put up a good fight. Better than anyone else has so far I imagine...

Comment

Working...
          X