No announcement yet.

David Haye doesn't deserve a title fight with Vitali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye doesn't deserve a title fight with Vitali

I'll be disappointed in Vitali if he fights David Haye next.

Haye is coming off a loss where he was more focused more on not being KOed than winning the fight. And he made a silly excuse about a sore little toe after the fight.

I thought Chisora deserved his shot at Vitali, even though I don't like him as a person. He was coming off what should have been a win over top 10 HW Robert Helenius.

To qualify, Haye needs a decent top 10 win on his resume. He should take on someone like Arreola, or the winner of Dimitrenko-Pulev, and if he wins he'll have earned the shot at Vitali.

Interestingly, the EBU has a rule you need to be coming off a win to fight for the European title. It should be the same for a WBC title shot.
    No, he should defeat a top 10-15 HW first
    40.28%
    Yes, he deserves it
    54.17%
    I'm not sure
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Did Mormeck deserve a shot against Wlad?

anybody who says they dont want to see Vitali-Haye are lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
      Added a poll.
      You are right but Haye is better then the rest imo and brings the most money for Vitali so it makes sense imo.

Comment

Chisora lost to Fury... Not too long a go. How did he deserve a shot?

Mormeck ? Come on, at least Haye hit wlad and lost to the champ.

Hate is more accomished than fury, price and chisora put together.

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post

Cosign.....

Comment

tell me, WHO ELSE is Vitali going to fight? Like him or not David Haye is the best of the rest. This fight should be made as soon as possible.

Comment

lol, before tunney was really into see'ing vitali put a beating on haye and wanted the fight to happen, now that vitali has exposed his age, no no, keep haye away

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post

I would have preferred Wlad not fight Mormeck, but at least he was coming off three wins at HW. And he never had a HW title fight before.

Vitali giving Haye a title shot is the equivalent of Vitali giving Mormeck a title shot! Both Haye and Mormeck have had their chances.

I'm not lying, I think Vitali-Haye would be frustrating to watch. Haye would just run like he did against Valuev and Wlad. I'd sooner see Vitali fight the winner of Dimitrenko-Pulev

Comment

haye doesn't deserve the fight it's just a fact. however the division has been cleaned out so thoroughly by both klits there's nobody left to fight them. in that case i'm content with the fight. i'll be watching on TV though. no more trips to germany for these kind of opponents for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    I'll be disappointed in Vitali if he fights David Haye next.

Haye is coming off a loss where he was more focused more on not being KOed than winning the fight. And he made a silly excuse about a sore little toe after the fight.

I thought Chisora deserved his shot at Vitali, even though I don't like him as a person. He was coming off what should have been a win over top 10 HW Robert Helenius.

To qualify, Haye needs a decent top 10 win on his resume. He should take on someone like Arreola, or the winner of Dimitrenko-Pulev, and if he wins he'll have earned the shot at Vitali.

Interestingly, the EBU has a rule you need to be coming off a win to fight for the European title. It should be the same for a WBC title shot.
                    I agree with you 100% about this. Title fights should be predicated on merit, not hype. Let Hate get a couple decent wins again and he petition for the fight. Until then its worthless to Vitaly's resume and harmful to boxing if it turns out to be another debacle like Davids last fight where he conned the public.

Comment

Working...
                    X