Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Josesito Lopez BEATS Canelo Is He Instant ATG, P4P top 10, Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighter of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
      And yet you hate on Guerrero for coming up from 135 to 147 and winning an interim belt? Go figure
      he barely beat aydin whos a dumb fighter

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Judah sure, but Gatti? Small, washed up, beat up worse by Gomez.

Also, Baldo was a big career welter beating two natural lwws. Lopez was gonna fight Holt at 140 in june, fought Ortiz at 147 instead, was outsized, and in august he's fighting "superstar" Canelo at 154. That's more impressive, if he wins.
        If I'm not mistaken, Gatti had only lost to Floyd in the last 4 years or so before facing Baldomir. I'm pretty sure Gatti was actually the favorite because most felt Baldo's victory over Judah was a fluke.

Regarding Canelo, he's possibly worse than Bute. We really don't know how good he is because he refuses to fight in his own weight class. Why crown Canelo as being the king without even proving any of his worth?

At least we knew what Gatti and Judah brought to the table based off who they've been in with and who they've beaten. For all we know, Canelo could not even be a Top 10 JMW because he's never faced anyone worth substance. All we're doing is speculating off what we think Canelo could do based off his victories over Mosley, Hatton, Cotto, Gomez and Baldomir and the fact that a lot of people in Mexico support him. Outside of that, we know absolutely nothing about how he handles pressure, how well he can take a punch from someone his own size, nothing....

Sure Lopez beat Ortiz at 147, but do we really know how good Ortiz was at 147? He only had one fight prior to facing Mayweather. He has 1 damn good win at WW, but he wasn't consistently knocking em down at 147. Still a solid win for Lopez, but I actually slightly favored Lopez going into that fight. It was far from a huge upset; that's why I wouldn't favor the Lopez win over Baldo's over Gatti's.

Comment

yes he's FOTY if he wins but let's be realistic Ortiz was beating him and Canelo is going to destroy him
          Last edited by Weebler I; 07-30-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Where's the option for 'GOAT'?

Comment

I could see FOTY, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by fix View Post
                lopez already caused a huge upset over ortiz by coming up from 140 and beating him by rtd. He's now going up yet another division and fighting the wbc champion at 154. If he somehow beats canelo, would you consider lopez fighter of the year? Where would he be in your p4p list? Could he even be an instant atg by those two achievements alone?
                hell no...!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  hell no...!
                  I bet if it was someone like Bradley that did this you'd be saying yes.

Comment

Canelo is totally unproven in big fights. Foty is possible depending on how Lopez wins, should he win. PFP, atg status...you can forget about that ish-for now!

Comment

stop smoking

He's not gonna beat alvarez and if he does it will be the upset of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X