Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer wizards: I need your help on choosing my new laptop.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
    Or if you don't even wanna haggle with the nigs you can still go dell and get a better deal.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r/fs

the one for $549.99

It comes with 500 gb hard drive space
    intel core i3 380m which is faster than the phenom n660.
    64 bit windows 7
    720p led display
    and an intel centrino b/g/n

it'll last you a while.
    was about to tell him the same thing. i got the dell inspiron 15r back in November. runs great to this day. Comes with 500GB harddrive. Bluray drive. 4GB Ram. duo intel pentium processors. and 6 month free anti virus subscription(McAfee). Its GREAT for streaming movies and videos. as well as the 500gb for storage of all ur music/movies etc. runs video games quite well too. even though you said you dont want it for that. if the temptation ever arises, it handles well. i play splinter cell chaos theory on it from time to time (not a high performance demanding game) but runs smooth with full resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
      That seems like a good deal. I've always been wary of Dells tho. The ones I've encountered seem to not be built too well. What were the specs of your cousins Dell?
      I can tell you that his specs are basically the same as the one I posted except he has a core i5 processor and he has an ati graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
        was about to tell him the same thing. i got the dell inspiron 15r back in November. runs great to this day. Comes with 500GB harddrive. Bluray drive. 4GB Ram. duo intel pentium processors. and 6 month free anti virus subscription(McAfee). Its GREAT for streaming movies and videos. as well as the 500gb for storage of all ur music/movies etc. runs video games quite well too. even though you said you dont want it for that. if the temptation ever arises, it handles well. i play splinter cell chaos theory on it from time to time (not a high performance demanding game) but runs smooth with full resolution.
        Yeah bro.

My cousin runs a game named Rift (or whatever) on medium settings and it plays smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
          I can tell you that his specs are basically the same as the one I posted except he has a core i5 processor and he has an ati graphics card.
          Thanks for the feedback fellas. I'll look into some Dells and see if they're suitable for me.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I'll look into some Dells and see if they're suitable for me.
            no problem bro.

happy huntin.

Comment

I don't do any gaming. Don't use complex editing or music programs. I stream a bunch of shows and movies, and dl tons of music though. I just need a good mid-to-high end everyday laptop. I'm looking at the Gateway NV53A82u right now.

I'm looking to spend not a dime over $600...and this is on sale at tigerdirect for $429. Is there a better deal I can get out there? Or is this just right for what I'm looking to spend and what I'm looking to use it for?
              ****in Glove!!!! Mah homie, you just saved me from making the same kinda thread. I gotta get a laptop this week to take to Afghanistan(I heard we're possibly gonna have internet connection). And have no idea what kind to get. I just wanna be able to skipe, stream fights, and use my virtual dj. And I'm lookin to spend what you talkin bout(no more than $600)with a built in web cam. Imma keep on reading, but thanks for this thread. It's right on time bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                ****in Glove!!!! Mah homie, you just saved me from making the same kinda thread. I gotta get a laptop this week to take to Afghanistan(I heard we're possibly gonna have internet connection). And have no idea what kind to get. I just wanna be able to skipe, stream fights, and use my virtual dj. And I'm lookin to spend what you talkin bout(no more than $600)with a built in web cam. Imma keep on reading, but thanks for this thread. It's right on time bruh.
                No probs Chief. We looking for the same thing then. I used to mess with virtual dj when I was younger. I still see a lot of DJ's using that program. I might have to get back into it.

And check out that Gateway I've been looking at. For 430, it's a great deal. It's on tigerdirect.

Comment

Or if you don't even wanna haggle with the nigs you can still go dell and get a better deal.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r/fs

the one for $549.99

It comes with 500 gb hard drive space
                  intel core i3 380m which is faster than the phenom n660.
                  64 bit windows 7
                  720p led display
                  and an intel centrino b/g/n

it'll last you a while.

________

Comment

My only suggestion it to stay away from lower end Acer machines. I have two and have had troubles, what seems like, since the moment the warranty ran out.

****s.

Not you guys....Acer.

Comment

I already know bro...I'm on my girl's Macbook pro right now. It's a decent computer but it lags, and I don't think it should for a $1200 price tag.

How does it lag?

Comment

Working...
                      X