No announcement yet.

Dead Space 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Space 3

I don't see anyone talking about this, looks like a good game. I'm reading the developers got rid of some horror elements. This game actually looks crazy. Def getting it.

I'm really looking forward to this one, i'm a big fan of the series so far and this should hold up to the standard.

The horror aspect was the best part of the game though and really helped to tell the story they were trying to tell, so i hope they dont strip it down too much.

Comment

why does he wear a fur coat over his space suit?
      Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I don't see anyone talking about this, looks like a good game. I'm reading the developers got rid of some horror elements. This game actually looks crazy. Def getting it.
      the entire appeal of the first game was horror in it's rawest form, and being alone in space at your own pace. the hell is this? we've already seen this with resident evil where amateurs cash in and make a loud obnoxious sequel to lure call of duty kids and gears of war meatheads. suffice to say, it flopped. DS2 already felt somewhat like that. i didn't even finish the game cause i got bored of quick time events.
      Last edited by John Barron; 01-29-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        why does he wear a fur coat over his space suit?

the entire appeal of the first game was horror in it's rawest form, and being alone in space at your own pace. the hell is this? we've already seen this with resident evil where amateurs cash in and make a loud obnoxious sequel to lure call of duty kids and gears of war meatheads. suffice to say, it flopped. DS2 already felt somewhat like that. i didn't even finish the game cause i got bored of quick time events.
        Well Dead Space 2 was a great game, you should give it another go.

Comment

It's getting the RE treatment it seems. I thought Dead Space 2 found a good middle ground between horror and action, but this looks like it won't do the same.

Comment

Well, that's only something I read, from gameplay of the demo, it still looks scary. Monsters still pop out of nowhere, with the sound effect music to scare you and all. The only thing is that it's not as dark because of the scenery, it's a snowy/icy planet. Those winds/weather look brutal though.

Comment

I played the first one but wasnt really feeling... i might give it another go.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
                I played the first one but wasnt really feeling... i might give it another go.
                A lot of people say the same thing, they don't like Dead Space at all, Dead Space is a raw Survival horror game, it's what RE was in it's PSOne/N64 days. The same people complain that RE is not scary anymore and that it needs to go back to the SH genre or at least RE4 type of horror.

I guess people just prefer bullets and zombies rather than lasers and aliens. That's the only thing I can think of because Dead Space it's as slow paced, horrifying, and entertaining as you can get for a survival horror game in this generation of games. Not to mention it's science fiction. A science fiction survival horror game in it's 3rd installment.

Comment

Dead Space One was amazing. DS2 was decent but didn't scare me like the first one did. Literally took me 3 years to complete the first as I was too much of a ***** to play it haha.

Comment

I played the first couple of installments of this game, pretty good. I don't think i'll be getting the 3rd though. I've lost interest

Comment

Working...
                    X