Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG moves up 1 weight class and fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golovkin is already too small at 160, he'd get toyed around at 168. and this is coming from a GGG fan

Comment

IDK, As much as I luv GGG, he's still a big question mark to me. I wanna see him develop his skillz a little more before I start thinking about sizing him up vs. the big boys.

Comment

As much as I love Golovkin, froch would beat him

He's small at 160, and froch has a great chin and would out work him at this point, he's just too big

Comment

I think, before putting him in with the best in the world, he should at least beat a half decent opponent first. Any world level opponent will do. No, Proksa is not world level. A shot Ouma, who gave him trouble bizarrely enough, is no longer world level.

Let's see him beat just one champion.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Froch would break him in half.

A small flat-footed middleweight with **** defense and no jab vs Froch? Seriously? Don't give a fcuk how hard the fcuker hits or what he is being hyped up to be. The Cobra would break every bone in that goons body.
            In all fairness Froch is also flat footed with **** defense. Let's not get carried away with Froch's skill set. He is very much a meat and potatoes type boxer. The smart money would be on Froch and rightly so, he is the bigger fighter and the more proven fighter and not enough is known about GGG other than the Proksa win and gym mythology.

Comment

GGG said he's willing to fight anyone at 160 and 168.

Comment

I like triple GGG and I think he'd so good things in 2013, but he's still unproven. Wait til he steps up the competition and then we'll see if he's the real deal.

Comment

A small flat-footed middleweight with **** defense and no jab vs Froch? Seriously? Don't give a fcuk how hard the fcuker hits or what he is being hyped up to be. The Cobra would break every bone in that goons body.
                  Always the voice of reason.

GGG is slowly becoming the most overhyped fighter on boxing forums and such. Smashing down a hypejob like Proksa isn't enough to sell me that he would be remotely competitive jumping up a weight class to face a world class fighter who has faced competition leagues above what GGG has, also has a granite beard and solid power. Golovkin would get his lunch money stolen.

Comment

actually, i guarantee froch would try and box. i guarantee it.

why would you set out to "break his bones," when that's the only type of fight that golovkin can win.

froch has long ass arms. he would box for 12 rounds and win a decision, but it wouldn't be as easy as the abraham fight. golovkin is a lot quicker (he's still not fast, but abraham doesn't even try to move quickly,) has a better work rate, and he's much less wild.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Don't let euro level athletes being disguised by living in North America fool you. Remember what happen to Bute?

Froch is a euro himself and fully aware of their disguise. It takes an American to Bang! Poland
                      its funny people make ggg out to be overhyped yet they overhype froch in this thread

yes, froch is a seasoned pro and a very good fighter but he also doesnt do as well against accurate punchers (kessler, ward)

ggg is a very patient, accurate puncher, his patience in the ring probably sets him apart but also makes him look beatable which is very misleading if u look beyond his last two fights

and for the people saying he hasnt fought a top mw: he signed to fight pirog and took a fight against a top 10 mw in proksa on short notice. he's also chased sturm for almost 2 years and geale opted to fight mundine (who is completely irrelevant at mw) instead of facing ggg which wouldve probably landed him a fight on hbo. quillin has also openly stated he has no interest in facing ggg yet he fought n'dam who nobody knew, and is now slated to face guerrero who to me looked like crap against much lesser opponents

ggg is now fighting in the US for arguably lesser paydays to build his name. not saying he would beat froch but i can't see froch dominating him in any way or form

Comment

Working...
                      X