Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Berto beat sMosley does he become the number 1 WW in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people saying Berto moves to #1, Would you put Cotto at #1 P4P if he beats Pac? By your logic I hope so. And if Mayweather was put #2 at WW for beating the #2 boxer in the world I sure hope they put Cotto at #1 for beating the #1 fighter in the world.
    Last edited by Punker; 10-03-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
      Mosley is the number 1 welterweight in the world right now according to the majority of BScene.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265172
      mosley is #1, that's fact.

If Berto beats Mosley I think Cotto should automatically hop over to #1, Berto at #2, and Mosley at #3.
      nope, that's how p4p works, that's not how divisional rankings work

But if Pacquiao beats Cotto then where would we rank Cotto if Berto beats Mosley in Jan??? I'm kinda confused here
      berto #1, mosley #2, pac #3, cotto #4.... I won't rank floyd until he fights a real WW.

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
      If Berto beats Shane then hes #1 imo.
      yes this is the correct opinion.

Comment

Yes...unless you feel that Cotto is #1 right now...

But if you go by the man that beat the man then Berto would be #1

Comment

Pac or Cotto must beat Mosley in order to rank either over Mosley NOW...Berto would rank both if he beat Mosley as well, being that he is unbeaten and pac & Cotto have lost. A Mayweather win pushes any to #1 as well being the Floyd is king still.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            Judah and Quintana are so so wins. The other ones are laughable. Any top WW would beat those guys.
            Quintana is so so huh? U mean the only guy to beat Paul Williams? hmmmm u might wanna think tht over, and as for Judah I think he has great talent and would have beat Mayweather if he stuck to his gameplan, he basically beat himself, and against Cotto he just couldnt deal with the pressure.

Comment

If Pacquiao is defeated by Cotto, Cotto's not number 1. In fact I think he doesn't move at all he stays at number 2.

Like everyone else says, if you go by the man to beat, Cotto was the man to beat once Margarito beat him Margarito took that imaginary title away from Cotto and was regarded the new man to beat, Mosley beat Margarito while he was the man to beat so Mosley is currently the man to beat until someone beats him...Berto.

Comment

SSM became #1WW by beating the #1 WW. Dont see why Berto shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  This ****s just gona remain confusing and unclear I think.

Regardless of what Ring do, I think Mayweathers basically the best at WW, it looks weird with Shane above Floyd on the list just off one win imo, never mind Berto.
                  Confusing is U saying Mayweather is the best WW when he haven't fought a WW since 2006

Comment

Working...
                  X