No announcement yet.

Foreman-What If?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman-What If?

If Foreman had beaten Ali would it have been Foreman who would have gone down in history as the greatest. I know that's a very big what if but you have to know that Foreman spent his entire career chasing the "ghost of Muhammad Ali" if he had won would it have been reversed? I would say that Ali had too much skill to fall as hard as Foreman did. What do you think?

No I dont think he'd have been seen as the greatest because people would look and say Ali was past his best when Foreman beat him.

Comment

I don't think people know how overrated this man is.

Comment

Yeah Foreman was good but I dont see him as anything amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
          I don't think people know how overrated this man is.
          Both are over-rated in their own sense....

Honestly Muhammad Ali had some pretty rocky decisions and some pretty rocky fights, however most Ali nuthuggers overlook this and its never mentioned...Honestly I think Ali had a very hard time with Frazier II (well all the frazier fights), and Foreman just to name a few. However most people say that they were difficult but nothing Ali couldn't handle...

Comment

Foreman wasn't overrated at all, he was arguably weak mentally, but he was a big strong man who you could make a case for beating any Heavyweight in the history of boxing. If George won that fight, I think he would have continued on until he ran into Larry Holmes, who just had all the tools to beat George. I still wish we had seen this fight.

Comment

lets not forget that had the ropes been tighter in the foreman fight ali would have been KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                Foreman wasn't overrated at all, he was arguably weak mentally, but he was a big strong man who you could make a case for beating any Heavyweight in the history of boxing. If George won that fight, I think he would have continued on until he ran into Larry Holmes, who just had all the tools to beat George. I still wish we had seen this fight.
                larry and george would be the same age so i dont see holmes beating him.

holmes' chin was not that good at all he just recovered very quickly, against a big strong puncher like foreman he would get KO'd

i don't know who would beat him in the end but i don't see any likely contenders till the 80's!!

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
                  larry and george would be the same age so i dont see holmes beating him.

holmes' chin was not that good at all he just recovered very quickly, against a big strong puncher like foreman he would get KO'd

i don't know who would beat him in the end but i don't see any likely contenders till the 80's!!
                  You forgot about Jimmy Young who would have his ass for lunch any day of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
                    You forgot about Jimmy Young who would have his ass for lunch any day of the week!
                    I disagree. Foreman was out of shape and completely out of gas from the sixth round on in the Young fight. Plus he wasn't the aggressive fighter he was in the early '70s. He had many opportunities to KO Young in that fight, but but remembering the Ali fight, decided not to go all out and try to finish Young off.

1972-1974 George Foreman beats Jimmy Young IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X