No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux to get 750k for Donaire fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    he got 800,000 for Nishioka and 1,000,000 against Arce. Not sure if it is true but it was reported somewhere that Arce got $800,000 to fight Nonito
    wow. these smaller guys are getting paid. i didn't think they were dealing with numbers like that. if the rigondeaux fight gets made, win or lose, rigondeaux is a winner that night. if the mares fight doesn't happen hopefully this one can.

Comment

What's with the "exposed" talk? How do you get exposed fighting one of the 5 greatest fighters in the world pound for pound? That's not getting exposed. That's losing to a damn hood opponent.

Comment

SNicely done, Im happy for Rigondeaux.

But more happy as a fan. This was one of the top fights I wanted in 2013.

Comment

I am happy for both fighters because they really do need this type of fight - of course Donaire can go off in another direction but it's time to start making some classic matchups for the memory book. Maybe not allll action but still very tense, and it still will be very noteworthy when looking back.

Rigo his chance to continue making history of his own with his sparse record and almost immediately fighting a P4P'er, i know he's older but still some crazy stuff.

Credit to everyone who made it happen...when fighters of this caliber finally get it on, a whole series of other fights in the division open up, rivalries start up, maybe rematches and some classic fights that have these divisions have blessed up with over the years. politics aside, when TR finally pulls the trigger on some of their best fights, they really are evenly matched and anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            he got 800,000 for Nishioka and 1,000,000 against Arce. Not sure if it is true but it was reported somewhere that Arce got $800,000 to fight Nonito
            That 800K for Arce came mainly from mexican money, he had some deal or something

Comment

Something tells me that this will be his retirement check after Donaire trashes that ass.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                What's with the "exposed" talk? How do you get exposed fighting one of the 5 greatest fighters in the world pound for pound? That's not getting exposed. That's losing to a damn hood opponent.
                well Rigo would have to be a big shot to be exposed if he lost. He's a nobody.

So you are correct, if he lost to Donaire, he didnt get exposed. If Donaire lost to Rigo, then Donaire is the one that got exposed

Comment

but but the Cult of Rigo told me Rigo was going to fight for peanuts and that he wasn't overpricing himself! (Looking at you 1PunchKOPOW!) Donaire was right. Rigo was asking for too much money. My god, just imagine what he must have been asking for initially to get him down to $750k. No wonder it took so long for this to get made. Mathebula, Vasquez, and Nishioka only got paid $100k by HBO so those were easy fights to make.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-30-2013, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    but but the Cult of Rigo told me Rigo was going to fight for peanuts and that he wasn't overpricing himself! Donaire was right. Rigo was asking for too much money. No wonder it took so long for this to get made. Mathebula, Vasquez, and Nishioka only got paid 100k by HBO so those were easy fights to make.
                    Evidently it's not "too much money," otherwise Rigo wouldn't be getting paid what he's getting. If anything, Guillermo was right in holding out. Why fight for 100k, when you can make three-quarters of a mil? Rigo doesn't have the luxury of accumulating purses over a long career. He won't be in the game long. He has to get paid now, not later.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Evidently it's not "too much money," otherwise Rigo wouldn't be getting paid what he's getting. If anything, Guillermo was right in holding out. Why fight for 100k, when you can make three-quarters of a mil? Rigo doesn't have the luxury of accumulating purses over a long career. He won't be in the game long. He has to get paid now, not later.
                      That's money out of Donaire's pocket. He just become fighter of the year so HBO is now willing to pay more for his fights. That was all of Donaire's work, not Rigo's that made it possible to get that payday. That Rigo was holding out is exactly my point. Rigo was the one holding up the fight because he wanted a ridiculous amount of money while he and his cult screamed duck and that Donaire was scared.
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-30-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X