Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Bob started on that stadium yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      You know it (I hope), I know it, the world knows it .... it has NOTHING to do with needles, so stop that nonsense .... perhaps that is why nobody is responding to you! lol!

Testing was not a last minute problem ... it was a problem as soon as Floyd and company began their accusations of Manny being on PEDs with no proof but naturally, it became a real problem as soon as Floyd asked for testing with no cutoff dates.

This was not standard stuff (rules) .... it was Floyd who wanted total control of the process as far as testing is concerned. So they were NEGOTIATING and they didn't agree on the cutoff dates. To you, it appeared to be a last minute but it wasn't .....

Manny was interviewed saying that he was concerned about giving blood as it may affect him for his training and fight ... since he believes that contributed in his defeat against Morales in the first fight. Manny also said that he believed that Floyd was trying to get an advantage .... possibly to get a physical and/or a psychological advantage.

That was back then but now Manny has agreed to testing.

but Floyd and company were spooked after the Cotto defeat .... as time went by Manny kept beating up on bigger guys and Floyd removed cutoff dates entirely and then went on vacation so there was no way of having a fight ..... and now, after 2+ years of this, Floyd asked something real crazy "I want ALL PPV money" because he knew Manny/Arum would not go for that.

You hang on to those dumb remarks about needles but forget that it was Floyd that put other roadblocks once the testing issue was resolved.
      Lets stop right there (at the highlighted in bold) cause after that your just rambling. If you saying that a soon as Floyd mentioned OST that Pac had a problem, can you then explain what anytime,anywhere means? Cause that was team Pac's response to Floyd's first time mentioning of testing. Unless anytime,anywhere means with cut-off dates bwhahahaha........

Fact is before negotiations took place. Floyd mentioned OST and Team Pac responded with anytime,anywhere. The moment it was time to sign Pac developed a needle phobia. I just wonder what what ever happened to anytime,anywhere?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        all the time.

but you still haven't answered a simple question. How would floyd know manny would refuse to fight over testing?
        This is the question Pac supporters will always duck!!! How would Floyd know Manny would refuse to fight over testing after team Pac gloated upon first time hearing about testing with anytime,anywhere? Bwahahaha....

What did they mean by OST anytime,anywhere?

Comment

How many people will this stadium fit?does it come with A/C??or is it gonna be roofless?

Comment

I am still optimistic that this fight will happen in 2013, but that is as far as I could go ....

Comment

Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather takes Years, but Tommy Hearns vs. Ray Leonard took only a few minutes!

By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing. - I strongly believe that fans of Boxing have every right to be pissed off over the fight that has yet to materialize, Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao. I don't care what the excuses are, or what side is to blame, there is no reason to deny fans with this long of a wait. One such person who believes it shouldn't have taken this long is one of Boxing's all time greatest trainers in Emmanuel Steward. Recently on the BBC Radio Live program, Steward spoke out addressing the fact that a fight the fans want shouldn't take so long to come off.

Steward recalls a fight from the 80's in which fans wanted to see, much in the same manner the fans want to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. That fight was with his fighter, Tommy Hearns pitted against "Sugar" Ray Leonard. Now here is the clencher... unlike Mayweather vs. Pacquiao which is taking years to make, Hearns vs. Leonard took but a mere moment in time to put together.

Regarding Hearns vs. Leonard, Steward stated: "I could see something building up, so finally I called up [Leonard's manager] Mike Trainer and said 'Mike, it looks like the public wants to see Ray and Tommy fight and he said 'why don't we meet today?"

Could it really be that easy? Get on a plane that day and hammer out a deal? Apparently, yes!

Steward added: "So I jumped on a plane and we met at an airport coffee shop. Mike Trainer said 'what are you looking for for Tommy?' I said, 'I want $5m for Tommy'. He said 'have you lost your mind? How much do you think Ray should get?' And I said $8m. They were all shocked, they thought I was going to ask for more for Tommy. They stepped out for a minute, came back and said 'pal, you've got a deal'. I shook hands and flew back to Detroit on the exact same plane that I came on - that's how quick the deal was made."

Yes Folks, you read that right... a deal was made that quickly. Not days, not weeks, months or years... but in a few short minutes. In about the time it takes to order a Pizza!

"One of the biggest fights in history was made on a quick handshake in about 30 minutes. There were no egos involved. We knew the public wanted it," Steward went on to add.

You know, it seems there was a time when Boxers knew what they had to do... and that was give the public the fights they wanted to see. No excuses, just get the fight done and feed the fans.

Comment

Yes the fight will happen anytime soon. Floyd has been saying Pac is an incredible fighter, so when he beats Pac he will get credit for beating an incredible fighter.

Plus he and the whole world saw how he made relatively easy work of Bradley. Floyd is thinking he might has well fight Pac than Pacs leftovers in bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Lets stop right there (at the highlighted in bold) cause after that your just rambling. If you saying that a soon as Floyd mentioned OST that Pac had a problem, can you then explain what anytime,anywhere means? Cause that was team Pac's response to Floyd's first time mentioning of testing. Unless anytime,anywhere means with cut-off dates bwhahahaha........

Fact is before negotiations took place. Floyd mentioned OST and Team Pac responded with anytime,anywhere. The moment it was time to sign Pac developed a needle phobia. I just wonder what what ever happened to anytime,anywhere?!!
                  Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  This is the question Pac supporters will always duck!!! How would Floyd know Manny would refuse to fight over testing after team Pac gloated upon first time hearing about testing with anytime,anywhere? Bwahahaha....

What did they mean by OST anytime,anywhere?
                  Those words you mention came from Roach not Manny. Roach thought it wouldn't be an issue when he said it but then found out it was or perhaps was trying to play it down. IT WAS AN ISSUE ..... stop with the nonsense of needles and those other lines ..... IS IT THAT HARD FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND?

Floyd and company were spooked really since Oscar & Hatton but really, Cotto was the kicker .... asking for OST was a plan to verify whether or not Manny is doing drugs or not .... once Manny agreed partially and then fully, Floyd and company got spooked some more .... you know, "is Manny the real deal and is he really doing it without the PEDs???"

Here is an interview AFTER Margarito .... imagine AFTER Margarito .... SPOOKED!!!

:

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    Those words you mention came from Roach not Manny. Roach thought it wouldn't be an issue when he said it but then found out it was or perhaps was trying to play it down. IT WAS AN ISSUE ..... stop with the nonsense of needles and those other lines ..... IS IT THAT HARD FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND?

Floyd and company were spooked really since Oscar & Hatton but really, Cotto was the kicker .... asking for OST was a plan to verify whether or not Manny is doing drugs or not .... once Manny agreed partially and then fully, Floyd and company got spooked some more .... you know, "is Manny the real deal and is he really doing it without the PEDs???"

Here is an interview AFTER Margarito .... imagine AFTER Margarito .... SPOOKED!!!

:
                    You keep rambling and ducking the fact that Team Pac agreed only to fold when it was time to sign and to suggest that Roach made a mistake and not have told Manny about is just specalution. You can't prove Roach didn't talk with Manny. Roach said "anytime anywhere, we agreed on testing and Floyd ran away". You see where he said WE. So am going to take Roach word over yours anyday of the week cause I feel Roach has a closer and more credible relationship then you wish you had so am going with Roach here.

Your only argument is that Manny didn't know about agreeing on testing or testing at all even thought they were numberous reports being reported about Floyd's testing demands and it being the first demand on the contract. How could Manny missed that? bwhahahaha.........That's your only argument that Manny didn't know until it was time to sign. Bwhahaha.....

Keep duckin. Am sorry to burst your bubble. I knew you were a Pachugger and am just now just dealing with your coping mechanism so its pointless to keep going with you. Keep working them pom poms.
                    Last edited by littlemac; 08-27-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Bob you got work to do

Comment

Working...
                      X