No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Likes The Idea of Gamboa vs Rigondeaux Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Likes The Idea of Gamboa vs Rigondeaux Clash

Two-time Cuban gold medalist Guillermo Rigondeaux created more buzz for himself this past weekend with his dramatic finish of then-WBA junior featherweight champion Rico Ramos.

[Click Here To Read More]

duplicate read next
    Last edited by 537Bwouaye; 01-27-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Is Merchant stupid? Gamboa is weighing around 150lb right now while Rigondeaux' normal weight is around 125lb. What people don't know is that Gamboa kills himself to make 126lb but he can't do it easily anymore, while Rigo is just too lazy to lose weight so he decides to fight at his natural weight around 122lb, instead of abusing smaller fighters like all the other boxers do. Gamboa is a lot bigger, stronger and he would kill Rigondeaux.

Rigondeaux and Donaire is the fight. Let Gamboa play with Rios. The weight difference between Rios and Gamboa would be a lot smaller than that of Gamboa and Rigondeaux on fight night, believe it or not.
      Last edited by 537Bwouaye; 01-27-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I have zero desire to see Rigo and Gamboa fight...ever. Luckily, I don't think there's much danger in that clash ever happening. Yuri will soon be fighting at 135, and Guillermo might never work above 130.

Comment

So do I. Wish Merchant was a promoter.

Comment

It will never happen. You'll see the Klitschkos fighter each other before this match happens.

Comment

I don't think it's a smart fight for either at this time. Rigo can wait on Nonito and Gamboa has already established himself and seems like a Rios fight will happen eventually. Donaire will eventually have to fight Rigo if Rigo keeps winning and builds a bigger fan base. Rigo and Gamboa have practically the same fanbase, with Gamboa being more well known internationally than him too. Gamboa has more to lose and little to gain aside from recognition from real boxing fans. I dont think it's worth it to Rigo to move up to fight Gamboa...and the only reason Donaire-Rigo makes sense is they're in the same division now where Rigo is a champ in. Still though, Rigo needs a bigger name in order to make his fight matter in the p4p standings. Donaire, Gamboa, Rigo and that criwd in the surrounding divisions have a serious chance a #1 p4p when Floyd-Pac are gone. Thats a serious gauntlet if anyone fights everyone good. It's pretty exciting to think about.

Comment

i lie the idea of Guillermo Rigondeaux vs nonito better

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I have zero desire to see Rigo and Gamboa fight...ever. Luckily, I don't think there's much danger in that clash ever happening. Yuri will soon be fighting at 135, and Guillermo might never work above 130.
                  Cube you wouldnt want your boy in there wit gamboa at 126? big time contrast in styles, and major oppurtunity for rigo to land big shots. gamboa is one of my favs

Comment

Gamboa vs Rigondeaux would be a good fight .At 126 but I thought I heard Rigondeaux say he has no plans on moving up in weight. He even said he can make 118 easy but no doubt it would be a good fight. Their promotors should stage it in Miami with young prospects Cubans on the undercard.Then maybe a lot of Cubans will go out and support their fighters Gamboa and Rigondeaux. It would be cool to have them in a fight out their in their favor with the crowd going crazy nuts bananas lights flashing from the cameras. Well, you guys get the picture don't let the right cross and left hook hit ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X