No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Warns Froch About Face Andre Ward Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Warns Froch About Face Andre Ward Again

Former undisputed heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis believes Carl Froch will have his work cut out if he fights American Andre Ward.

Froch defended his IBF super-middleweight title and took Mikkel Kessler's WBA belt with a unanimous points decision win over the Dane at London's 02 Arena.

A previous defeat to Kessler and one to Ward are the only blemishes on Froch's professional career but Lewis thinks the Nottingham boxer should be wary of the American.

Lewis told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme of the prospect of Froch fighting Ward: "He's really going to have to go to camp and fix up some of his technical issues.

"He cannot fight the same way he fought in this fight.

"Against Andre Ward he has got to be a little bit scared because Andre Ward is a serious hombre and he's coming there to fight and he's looking for that knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good **** lewis!!!!
    Even his own counrty man is tellin him he cant beat ward throwin fists!!!

Comment

"He basically threw a lot of the boxing out of the door and he was just going in there for a smash-up. He boxed really well, he was in control."
      Did he box or did he do smash-up boxing?

Comment

Smash-up boxing is the new 'in' thing now, fuk the Philly Shell, it's time to start 'Smash-Up Boxing'. Froch has literally created a new genre of boxing.

Comment

take it from the CHAMP himself! Froch need to pass thru a needle's hole to beat WARD

Comment

I dont understand, someone please translate to American.

Comment

"He really dug deep. Even that last round because if I was his trainer I would have told him he had won the fight and he did not need to risk anything.

"But he wanted to risk it and he wanted to go in there and knock Kessler out."
              And that's exactly why Carl Froch > Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Lewis is right, of course, it will be a cold day in hell before Froch beats Ward. That said, I don't agree that Froch should avoid Ward or change much in his approach.

Froch isn't going to outbox Ward. The only chance he has, and it's a slim one, is to smother Ward with pressure and volume.

Anyway, I personally would like to see Ward fight someone else myself. He needs to take out another big name.

If he and Golovkin could agree to meet somewhere at weight, that fight has a lot of appeal.

And, somewhere down the road, he and Sergey Kovalev could get it on and make a lot of money doing so.

I think Kovalev represents a significant match-up problem for Ward, but I'd still give Ward the edge.

Comment

take it from the CHAMP himself! Froch need to pass thru a needle's hole to beat WARD

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X