No announcement yet.

Steve Jobs wins: Adobe Flash for Android dies tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OlympicGlory
    I love watch World Star Hip Hop on my Droid. Flash is still around.

Turkish Police Kill Man Who Try To Hit Them With A Chair.
    they have a mobile site.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

will this affect current android users or just people who newly install adobe?

Comment

Originally posted by el malo
        will this affect current android users or just people who newly install adobe?

I meant to say will this affect android 4.0 and less? from what I heard its only 4.1

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
          they have a mobile site.

You can't even see embedded links to WSHH on here. Every week a thread gets made with one of their embeds.

Flash is still used and I love having the option of flash there. People can say it is **** or whatever, but from not having it, to having it on my phone, I can see that it is a benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
            Even with Android dumping Flash you still can't accept that its not good enough for mobile devices.

In Apple's case they weren't going to accept the crap Adobe could only muster.

Flash is still used and I love having the option of flash there. People can say it is **** or whatever, but from not having it, to having it on my phone, I can see that it is a benefit.

I am going to be the judge if it is good enough for my own phone. I don't care WTF anyone else does. For me, it is brilliant having the option to watch some videos and pics that are not shown on my I Phone.

I have seen live webcam feeds of certain celebs etc... that I follow too which has been good. I am not going to say Flash is great, but every little extra adds up.

Comment

You know what, Flash is fine, Apple stopped supporting it because they fail to let anyone have software layers near kernal level. Because of that flash with Apple Mobile devices and their full blown desktop bring any apple device to its knees.

Flash runs beautifully on Blackberry and Android devices well. So well on mine that it hardly even alters cpu cycles. Runs beautifully.

Apple has a potential great OS, but it is so locked down. No Control for the end user at all. Just run your programs like a good doggy and don't forget to pay extra and toss your old device away and buy our new one with a new sticker on it when the battery finally gives out.

Comment

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 · 3:02 pm · 1 Comment
                Well at least they out-lived Jobs LOL!

Comment

Tomorrow, Adobe will disable new installs of Flash on Android, effectively cutting it off from the future of the mobile web — despite the company’s historical assertion that Flash would enable the ‘full web experience’ on mobile devices,” T.C. Sottek reports for The verge. “Instead, Adobe surrendered the major mobile battlegrounds and pledged allegiance to HTML5.”

“Adobe had grand plans for mobile Flash, but the company met a sizable early wall when Apple refused to adopt it,” Sottek reports. “Despite the company’s push to get Flash on all platforms with its Open Screen Project, it never solved iOS support under Steve Jobs, who famously fought against Flash in favor of HTML5.”

Sottek reports, “It’s hard to imagine Flash’s ongoing relevance in a world that’s increasingly mobile, and Adobe’s support for HTML5 doesn’t bode well for the plugin: in a web with increasingly less Flash, HTML5 will soon provide the ‘full web experience’ for most users.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen believed his firm didn’t need Apple, the iPhone, or the iPad.

He thought wrong.

Sleep tight, Shantanu.

Except that Android users have been enjoying the great benefits of flash for the last 3 years while you dumb sheeps kept talking about how it sucks Technology evolves and so does Android! That's why we get to actually enjoy innovating features on our phones instead of envying others who have what you lack

Comment

Tomorrow, Adobe will disable new installs of Flash on Android, effectively cutting it off from the future of the mobile web — despite the company’s historical assertion that Flash would enable the ‘full web experience’ on mobile devices,” T.C. Sottek reports for The verge. “Instead, Adobe surrendered the major mobile battlegrounds and pledged allegiance to HTML5.”

“Adobe had grand plans for mobile Flash, but the company met a sizable early wall when Apple refused to adopt it,” Sottek reports. “Despite the company’s push to get Flash on all platforms with its Open Screen Project, it never solved iOS support under Steve Jobs, who famously fought against Flash in favor of HTML5.”

Sottek reports, “It’s hard to imagine Flash’s ongoing relevance in a world that’s increasingly mobile, and Adobe’s support for HTML5 doesn’t bode well for the plugin: in a web with increasingly less Flash, HTML5 will soon provide the ‘full web experience’ for most users.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen believed his firm didn’t need Apple, the iPhone, or the iPad.

He thought wrong.

Sleep tight, Shantanu.
                    And Adobe's decision had nothing to do with Apple, although you wouldn't know that since you have your head stuck up your azz so far in dailymac links. Steve and fan boys have been talking about HTLM5 for the past 4 years as "the future" sadly you idiots had no idea that Jobs was only saying that to justify his war he had with Adobe (and everyone else in fact) and made you clowns actually believe that. For 5 years now you guys have had "the most advanced phone" yet couldn't even watch flash videos. This all reminds me of when i was young and I would ask for something only to have my father tell me he'll get me something better next time. Only difference is my father delivered your father left you hanging in his tomb.

Comment

Steve Jobs was right when he once said flash will one day die, he just didn't know that he would die before Flash.

Looks like Macs are resistant to virus, but not cancer.

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash, now we have no jobs, no hope and no cash.............

Everyone wanted to work for Steve Jobs......Exept his pancreas.

Comment

Working...
                      X