Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GAMBOA afford to be less than stellar VS..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can GAMBOA afford to be less than stellar VS..

..Michael Farenas at this juncture in his career?

Given Gamboa wins, most will use the Broner v DeMarco performance as Gamboa's "measuring stick" post fight.

A s*!t-storm of Gamboa 'haters' coming out the closet on this one, beware!

Farenas Is no JOke! Gamboa can afford to lose! But 50c cant! If this goes to the score card, Farenas will be robbed! Farenas need a KO to win!

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post

Given Gamboa wins, most will use the Broner v DeMarco performance as Gamboa's "measuring stick" post fight.

I'm prepared for a "less-than-optimal" Gamboa on December 8. Yuri's been gone for over a year; his timing will almost certainly be off. In that regard, I expect him to be "less-than-stellar." On the other hand, he'll be on a Pacquiao undercard, fighting under a new promoter, trying to get his career back on track. The incentive might just be enough for Gamboa to shine. I can't wait to find out which "Ciclon" will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post

We already have Ponce De Leon as a measuring stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
          Farenas Is no JOke! Gamboa can afford to lose! But 50c cant! If this goes to the score card, Farenas will be robbed! Farenas need a KO to win!
          Stop touting this kid, Farenas, "Oracle."

Save your exuberance for the Pinoys that are actually worth a damn, like Manny and Donaire. Michael is going to be there as an "opponent", nothing more. Gamboa is gonna paste him. It's only a question of how bad.

Comment

In terms of winning the fight...he can. Farenas can punch but doesnt have the skills to match up to gamboa. But in terms of career and marketability going forward he wouldnt be doing himself any favors.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Stop touting this kid, Farenas, "Oracle."

Save your exuberance for the Pinoys that are actually worth a damn, like Manny and Donaire. Michael is going to be there as an "opponent", nothing more. Gamboa is gonna paste him. It's only a question of how bad.
              Did u remember the Past? Donaire was just an opponent against Darchinyan? Pac was just a quick replacement opponent against Ledwaba! Lookk what Happened??? It could happen again!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                Did u remember the Past? Donaire was just an opponent against Darchinyan? Pac was just a quick replacement opponent against Ledwaba! Lookk what Happened??? It could happen again!
                C'mon...you're comparing Farenas to Pac and Nonito? Saying "it could happen again" against Gamboa is like saying a meteor is going to strike the earth tonight and wipe out all humanity. Sure, it can happen, but probably not...at least not tonight. lol

Comment

C'mon...you're comparing Farenas to Pac and Nonito? Saying "it could happen again" against Gamboa is like saying a meteor is going to strike the earth tonight and wipe out all humanity. Sure, it can happen, but probably not...at least not tonight. lol
                  I wouldnt make it that exagerrated. Anything could happen. Its why they fight the fights. Gamboa is probably gonna win by ko..but farenas might catch him napping due to gis inactivity for all we know.

Comment

I'm prepared for a "less-than-optimal" Gamboa on December 8. Yuri's been gone for over a year; his timing will almost certainly be off. In that regard, I expect him to be "less-than-stellar." On the other hand, he'll be on a Pacquiao undercard, fighting under a new promoter, trying to get his career back on track. The incentive might just be enough for Gamboa to shine. I can't wait to find out which "Ciclon" will show up.

With you on this one. Gamboa WILL win I feel. Question is how will he win?

He needs to look even more impressive given that he's on an undercard imo...

Anything less than great in this fight might put him in a bit of obscurity.

Comment

Working...
                    X