No announcement yet.

guida vs pettis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guida vs pettis

just another fight that shows how much ufc judging su.ccks. i mean guida didnt do sh.it and got the win. how is it important that you can take your opponent down and lay on him for 5 mins ? that greasy mofo didnt even use his fists to punch so that thered be no chance of getting submitted, instead he used his shoulders to hit pettis. but that did like NO damage at all. hate boring fights like this, judges should start making shi.t like that a draw so that fighters like guida would at least try to do damage and actually finish the opponent

I agree. I was just watching the last DREAM: Fight For Japan card yesterday and all those fights were freakin' sick but most went to a decision but the right guys won. I don't get how laying on top of somebody wins you the fight, Pettis was alot busier and easily out struck him on the feet.

It's bull***** how these wrestlers are killin' the UFC...

Comment

It's pretty ***gy yeah, but he was striking Anthony...just because you've no appreciation to the shoulder strike doesn't mean Guida didn't land more strikes....It looked a lot like he was jump humping Pettis....terrible fight, but I don't blame the judges...I blame the rules...MMA desperately needs too look at the rules for what is a useful strike, and what's just coasting enough to stop the ref from standing them up....IMO if you time how long Clay layed about humping Pettis there's no way he wasn't just riding the time out in dominate position...

Pettis shouldn't be so easy to take down if he want to strike...I've no problem with ground fights...if they actually fight...you know....make an attempt to seriously injury your foe...

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        It's pretty ***gy yeah, but he was striking Anthony...just because you've no appreciation to the shoulder strike doesn't mean Guida didn't land more strikes....It looked a lot like he was jump humping Pettis....terrible fight, but I don't blame the judges...I blame the rules...MMA desperately needs too look at the rules for what is a useful strike, and what's just coasting enough to stop the ref from standing them up....IMO if you time how long Clay layed about humping Pettis there's no way he wasn't just riding the time out in dominate position...

Pettis shouldn't be so easy to take down if he want to strike...I've no problem with ground fights...if they actually fight...you know....make an attempt to seriously injury your foe...
        Yeah I agree those shoulder strikes were pretty nasty but even if he was trying to advance he hardly succeeded, Pettis was coming attack after attack relentless off his back. He did more then Guida's gnp.

It's the same as the freakin Miguel Torres-Demtrius Johnson fight. That fight was freakin awesome though. Torres did way more off his back and all Johnson did was win off takedowns. Another clearly robbery and reason why these fools need to change the rules of scoring to the Japan standards. Except do it round by round instead of judging the whole fight because you forget some ***** sometimes. But Japan rules neutralize wrestlers.

Thats why Japanese fighters can't be successful over here except Okami. UFC is all about control where their fights are always about attack. You can't win by LNP over there hardly ever. Those fights last week where sick! If the UFC put on cards like them nobody would be talking ***** this sport would be 10x more popular.

Comment

that level of inactivity should be penalized. It was a lesson in dry humping. My dog would be proud.

Comment

UFC needs knees to grounded opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
              and stomps and a 10 min opening round!

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                I agree. Allow the knees to the head of grounded opponents. Because then the wrestling game gets changed, not eliminated but definitely LnP masters won't be able to get away with it as much.

As for the fight. I was just short of dumbfounded. I was sitting there and going "how the **** is Guida doing this and my boy Benson couldn't? He is just as good a wrestler."

Then i realized at the 3rd round. Benson wasn't fighting like a bitch. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the wrestling, otherwise I wouldn't like Okami. But when you hold a guy in the cradel for 15 secs and the can-opener for 30secs, stand them the **** up!

Comment

This is MMA, you can't complain about Guida a WRESTLER doing what he knows best.

Pettis couldn't keep him off of him and couldn't stop the take down. He did well off his back defending the ground and pound but Guida also defended the subs very well.

Styles my friends, it's what happened in this fight. Guida dominated this fight and Pettis had no answer for him.

What did you want Guida to do, stand with Pettis and get KO'd?

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
                    This is MMA, you can't complain about Guida a WRESTLER doing what he knows best.

Pettis couldn't keep him off of him and couldn't stop the take down. He did well off his back defending the ground and pound but Guida also defended the subs very well.

Styles my friends, it's what happened in this fight. Guida dominated this fight and Pettis had no answer for him.

What did you want Guida to do, stand with Pettis and get KO'd?

lol, actually..... yes. Yes he should stand up and get KO'd.

Guida loss his warrior status if you ask me. He isn't a warrior anymore. He can be considered a good fighter but warrior, no. He gets scared shytless of Gomi and now the UFC-rookie Pettis.

Comment

Working...
                    X