Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLOYD'S EQUAL PLAYING FIELD...What's it all about? Why OST still?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casual View Post
    Of course Floyd thinks hes on something otherwise these tests wouldn't be an issue, why have they came around so sudden? Because pacquiao was schooling WW's and it couldn't have been possible. Snr has got in to Floyd's head pacquiao cannot be that good without being on to something. I cant believe people actually think Floyd is just doing it for the sake of boxing, it's utter bollocks. The Mayweathers think he's juicing, so with testing in place they will feel more comfortable that pacquiao wont be able to juice if he was to be on something... Sad state of affairs of really. The Mayweathers are trying to play down pacquiao legacy and i HATE them for it.
    What is so unreasonable about that(bolded)? Mayweather has his own legacy, career, and life to think about, why should he put all of that on the line against a guy(s) he suspects MAY be doing something under the table? Why do you and everybody like you "hate" the fact that Mayweather is trying to protect himself? If you think that Pacquiao and his legacy have been damaged by this issue, then blame him and his team because their handling of the situation is the cause. All he has to to do is take the tests and make the fight, like Mosley and Mayweather did. Instead, he has turned the issue into some kind of insecure d*ck measuring contest where he refuses to be "dictated to" even though he was dictating himself by making requests of his own. Requests that Mayweather agreed to, by the way.

Instead of hating Mayweather for protecting himself and taking reasonable precautions in looking out for his own best interests, you should hate the way that Pacquiao and his team have played games with the public, insulting everyone's intelligence with their excuses and contradictions.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Why should he refuse?
      LOL. The master of answering questions (by replying with another question) is back!

If Floyd can suspect without reason (AS most people are saying) then he can refuse.

Because he can. Can't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
        Burner my mate!

He already said he's not saying Manny's on something. But will still insist OST.

It's clearer than sunshine with a clear logic of why he still wanted OST when he's not accusing anyone of taking PEDS?
        yea hes not saying that publicly but he just wants to make sure just incase he is, so he obviously suspects, and pac refusing the tests fuels the fire.

Comment

LOL. The master of answering questions (by replying with another question) is back!

If Floyd can suspect without reason (AS most people are saying) then he can refuse.

Because he can. Can't he?

So Mayweather has to give you/us or Pac a reason why he wants OST?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
            What he means by 'equal playing field' is just that both men in the ring are completely clean of illegal performance enhancing drugs or methods. So the rankings and whatever don't really have any bearing on that.

I guess he insists on OST because he thinks there's a good chance that Manny's on PEDs.....I mean, to be fair to him, Pacman's behaviour in response to the allegations hasn't exactly been reassuring.

what's this "good chance" people talk about? Pac has passed every PED test he's taken. Ariza makes sure Pac is not taking anything illegal, and if that wasn't enough, he has a team of UCLA faculty studying his training.

You can't judge pac's behavior based on the standards of a culture obsessed with cheating. Pac lives with a different worldview. You also have to consider the psychological dimension of the issue. Pac believes he lost to morales because of the blood he had to give prior to the fight. I personally believe Morales was just a better boxer that night, but for Pac that has been ingrained into his psyche. It's the same thing as abstaining from sex for most boxers. some medical studies say that there's nothing to it, but some boxers still live by it. That means its not a physical issue, but a psychological one.

At the end of the day, I'm cool with OST, but if OST means the fight doesn't get made... I say **** OST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
              What is so unreasonable about that(bolded)? Mayweather has his own legacy, career, and life to think about, why should he put all of that on the line against a guy(s) he suspects MAY be doing something under the table? Why do you and everybody like you "hate" the fact that Mayweather is trying to protect himself? If you think that Pacquiao and his legacy have been damaged by this issue, then blame him and his team because their handling of the situation is the cause. All he has to to do is take the tests and make the fight, like Mosley and Mayweather did. Instead, he has turned the issue into some kind of insecure d*ck measuring contest where he refuses to be "dictated to" even though he was dictating himself by making requests of his own. Requests that Mayweather agreed to, by the way.

Instead of hating Mayweather for protecting himself and taking reasonable precautions in looking out for his own best interests, you should hate the way that Pacquiao and his team have played games with the public, insulting everyone's intelligence with their excuses and contradictions.
              You sir, make perfect sense, i agree wholeheartly, well said, id do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

OST is optional. Pac has passed every PED test he's ever taken.

bottomline, if OST is the road block that prevents the fight from happening, then **** OST

Comment

Like i said, if he's calling the shots then we have no fight.

Would never expect Pac to bulge when he has no reason to. The whole planet can join in the pressure for Pac to take the test, but unless Floyd has a clear cut basis on his assumptions then there's no way making a fight would even matter.
                  he meant taking punches in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

I didn't say that mate!

My question stands on equal playing field Floyd's supposed to be an advocator of.

Burner gave a good point about Floyd being a dumbarse if he doesn't stand to what he perpetuated in the first place. He has a point.

Comment

I cannot see the problem people have with OSTing, people are acting like its only pacquaio who is going to be the taking the tests and that there were designed to weaken him.... Floyd took the tests and was fine Manny should take the test simple as

Comment

Working...
                      X