No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Gives No Respect, Rees Promises To Earn It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner Gives No Respect, Rees Promises To Earn It

By Mitch Abramson - Gavin Rees and Adrien Broner both thrust their hands in their pockets and stood on a stage as they posed for pictures, looking like a couple of guys trying to fend off the cold. Rees is challenging Broner for his WBC lightweight championship Saturday at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, and it’s possible the two didn’t want to start the fight early, after all the trash talking held between them. So they both put their money-makers away, producing the odd sight of two guys, posing awkwardly for what’s typically the most exciting part of a press conference. Finally, a photographer had enough and yelled: “Take your hands out of your pocket!”

They both obliged, reluctantly making a fist. But reticence likely won’t be a problem on Saturday, as Broner has been especially vocal and derogatory toward Rees, a blue-collar fighter from Newport, Wales who’s making his American debut in Atlantic City. Broner just couldn’t help himself and started the trash talking early in Tuesday’s press conference, claiming he didn’t know Rees’ name, had never heard of him, seen him fight, and comparing Rees’ bald head to a “skittle,” a “boulder,” a “melon” and a “mailbox.”

Rees in turn fired pack, with a few choice words, and it all looked like two guys trying to infuse a little life into a promotion that was hurt when the heavyweight rematch between Seth Mitchell and Johnathan Banks was scuttled because of an injury to Banks' hand. [Click Here To Read More]

Well of course not, after Rees told Broner to pull his pants up Broner was shook and dropped his phone and broke it. I would be pissed too.

Comment

Anybody who wants Broner to win this fight is a c*nt. There, I said it. But it's true, I can't see it in any other terms. I've never wanted a fighter to win as badly as I want Rees to win tonight. Literally never, it's amazing.

Comment

Broner by Fatality.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
          Anybody who wants Broner to win this fight is a c*nt. There, I said it. But it's true, I can't see it in any other terms. I've never wanted a fighter to win as badly as I want Rees to win tonight. Literally never, it's amazing.
          I agree to the fullest extent. It's hard not to like Reeses cup.

Comment

well expect to be butt hurt tonight you jealous chump.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              I agree to the fullest extent. It's hard not to like Reeses cup.
              hope you still like him when they wake him up.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                well expect to be butt hurt tonight you jealous chump.
                People who use the term "butthurt", presumably in a reference to gay rape, are in my experience rather dim. So well done, you've handily flagged yourself up as having special needs. And in just one sentence, that's ruthlessly efficient.

Comment

dont you get it thats the game broner is playing. he wants people to want rees to win it brings viewers which brings him alot more money. he is literally playing a game and people are buying it. he is playing his haters like fools which in return is going to make him a very very rich man

Comment

Lol, is this the type of garbage men say nowadays? U can't want another fighter to win because some dude on the net u don't know doesn't like him? Lol...grow up. U sound like a petulant child

Comment

Working...
                    X