Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Mares and Rigondeax's last few fights I'm convinced that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you never know until they get in there. they need to just make the fights the majority of the people want.

Comment

Originally posted by Troav View Post
      Donaire keeps fighting guys that have no chance. We want competitive fights, not a sure thing fight. Mares-Moreno was a competitive fight, we want more of those.
      Donaire tries his best to makes his fights easy by letting you know that from start to finish you are in danger of being kod. It's not his fault that he makes hard fights look easy.

Comment

So I guess those fights shouldn't happen then right???

I still favor Donaire to beat Mares and Rigondeaux, but he needs to fight them before he leaves 122 or else it's a big empty hole in his resume at 122.

But I do feel the one's who will beat Donaire is Gary Russell Jr and maybe Yuriorkis Gamboa. But I feel Gamboa is heading to 130-135 anyway, i don't see Donaire going all the way to 135, he's already almost 30. And Russell is by far the most talented fighter around Featherweight, but it remains to be seen what he'll end being until he steps up, and he's with Haymon/Golden Boy. I'd like to see Russell fight Dib and Fortuna next year.

I honestly don't think Donaire will end up fighting Mares, Rigondeaux, or Russell in his career.

He has no excuses to not fight Abner Mares, who just beat Moreno on top of already beating Darchinyan and Agbeko, as well as arguably beating Perez. He will also have no excuses to not fight Rigondeaux if Rigondeaux beats Poonsawat. That would be Rigo's 3rd win over a Top 10 fighter at 122.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 11-11-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          So I guess those fights shouldn't happen then right???

I still favor Donaire to beat Mares and Rigondeaux, but he needs to fight them before he leaves 122 or else it's a big empty hole in his resume at 122.

But I do feel the one's who will beat Donaire is Gary Russell Jr and maybe Yuriorkis Gamboa. But I feel Gamboa is heading to 130-135 anyway, i don't see Donaire going all the way to 135, he's already almost 30. And Russell is by far the most talented fighter around Featherweight, but it remains to be seen what he'll end being until he steps up, and he's with Haymon/Golden Boy. I'd like to see Russell fight Dib and Fortuna next year.

I honestly don't think Donaire will end up fighting Mares, Rigondeaux, or Russell in his career.

He has no excuses to not fight Abner Mares, who just beat Moreno on top of already beating Darchinyan and Agbeko, as well as arguably beating Perez. He will also have no excuses to not fight Rigondeaux if Rigondeaux beats Poonsawat. That would be Rigo's 3rd win over a Top 10 fighter at 122.
          well put 4corners (kid). Couldn't have said it better really. Good seeing you're still following and posting.

Interesting to see what happens in the coming months. Floyd/Pac and Donaire/Mares on the undercard next year?

Must buy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
            well put 4corners (kid). Couldn't have said it better really. Good seeing you're still following and posting.

Interesting to see what happens in the coming months. Floyd/Pac and Donaire/Mares on the undercard next year?

Must buy!
            Are you Turbotime???

Comment

I got mares beating donaire. donaire is the most overrated jazz fighter in a long time. he could fight bull**** fights and its OK because its perceived he going to beat the better fighters anyway.

Comment

Are you Turbotime???

Comment

Yeah. I didn't want to keep the Kid part, because then people thought I was some kid or something. Good to see ya back homie.

Comment

Yeah. I didn't want to keep the Kid part, because then people thought I was some kid or something. Good to see ya back homie.
                    You too man.Who cares about being a kid though. we're both kids relatively and knowing as much about boxing as we do gives me a sense of pride at this young age!

I was talking Joe Louis with my grandpas mates the other night, felt really cultured, not gonna lie.

Comment

You too man.Who cares about being a kid though. we're both kids relatively and knowing as much about boxing as we do gives me a sense of pride at this young age!

I was talking Joe Louis with my grandpas mates the other night, felt really cultured, not gonna lie.
                      I'm in my 30's though hahaha.

Did you get banned before or what happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X