No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Wladimir vs. Deontay Wilder Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    According to NSB, if Wladimir doesn't fight a Brit it equals cherry picking...
    According to nuthuggers, an undefeated record merits a shot at the HW title, no matter how that record was achieved.

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    I usually agree with you on nearly every point in this HW threads. Still do

Saying that I might have a weird approach to Wlad's last 4 opponents. The Mormeck fight to me was acceptable, but only because he was coming over a win in a huge title unification match with Haye, so you can really give him that one. It was a stay busy break kind of fight. Thompson was the IBF mandatory so again you can't criticise him for that.

After these two you, and the fans, would and should expect another big fight now. Or at least, one with some credibility. Instead we got Wach. The icing on the cake really is Pianeta - it's now an unacceptable streak of bad opponents.

As for Wilder, idk really. Wilder is basically living from the US hope here. If he was European, he'd just be another Price. You won't find many American fans admitting that though. I really want someone better, maybe Fury. Even Chisora. But in all it's a better, though not my much, opponent than Pianeta
    I can, to a certain extent, understand why Wlad wanted an easy fight after the whole Haye showdown. But the way he was trying to build Mormeck up as a Mike Tyson was nauseating. The way his fans ate it all up was even more depressing than the fight and the pick itself. Mormeck had been inactive for 2 years and was 2-2 in his last 4 fights. Shocking choice of opponent. Thompson was awful, but to Wlad's credit, I remember him saying he didn't really want to fight him but he had to because it was his mandatory. Wach and Pinaeta was simply inexcusable. They were not fit to fight for the HW crown and none of Wlad's last four opponents have wins over any top 10 ranked opponents when they fought him. Current or past top 10. Unless of course you cound Botha and McCall - which would be utterly ******ed.

Wilder is no way ready for Wlad. He was sent home from the Haye camp and was utterly outclassed vs Wlad in sparring. He needs at least 3 fights vs strong opponents before you could accept his challenge. If he fought Chisora, Fury and another fringe contender or previous challenger like a Solis or Arreola then fine. But as of now, he's a novice with a padded record.

Comment

The thing is there is only a few big fights there.

It's Fury, Povetkin, Pulev and that's pretty much it. (I don't count Haye)

Wlad has 10 more fights before he retires I believe. He can do what Mayweather is doing or he can fight 'bums' in the meantime. I prefer the later.

After Haye fight, Wlad had only one worthy opponent left and that was Povetkin. Now Pulev has grown up, Fury is still growing...

Wlad will fight them all if they remain unbeaten or worthy. As Banks said the winner of fury/wilder would get his chance asap.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        According to nuthuggers, an undefeated record merits a shot at the HW title, no matter how that record was achieved.
        It's not only that guys like Pianeta were unbeaten. That alone already happens very seldom in heavyweight world championships.

It's that Pianeta
        • is a genuine heavyweight (= never boxed below 200 lbs, in fact never below 230 lbs)
        • is a southpaw
        • is unbeaten

It's the second time in the history of HW world championships that a genuine heavyweight+unbeaten+southpaw has been defeated, let alone KOed. The first time was Wlad vs Chagaev.

Get used to Wlad breaking one record after the other.

Comment

Working...
        X