Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Do we need to bump the threads where there dozens and dozens of people saying Floyd needed to fight Mosley or retire???
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=802
    I took the liberty of doing just that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Gatti, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya were past prime.

Hatton, Judah, Marquez were not fighting at their best weight class.

So that leaves Corrales , Castillo and Hernandez(?) as his most legit wins, the last one in 2002.
      Judah was fitting at 147 before Floyd was so that's a fair fight. Marquez looks good at 140-147 against anybody but mayweather so far he just sparked PAC in a ww fight so actually thats pretty fair.

Hatton had fought at 147 before didn't look good but if he didn't wanna fight at 147 again he coulda said know he needs to be happy it was at 147 Instead of 140 because his face woulda hit the ring post way sooner.

Comment

• Not quite,but hes still got a very good resume and is a great fighter

Comment

• Mayweather is nothing more than an increbibly talented street punk

Comment

• Just curious, if Judah beats Garcia should he be in the HOF?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
              I just went through Mayweather's record and was kind of "surprised" that I saw 10 potential (future) Hall of Famers on his record.
              Here are those 10 fighters:
              Diego Corrales
              Jose Luis Castillo
              Arturo Gatti (he will be inducted this year)
              Zab Judah
              Oscar De La Hoya
              Ricky Hatton
              Juan Manuel Marquez
              Shane Mosley
              Miguel Cotto
              Genaro Hernandez

let me just say that:
              - 6 of them are borderline Hall of Famers which in my opinion will ALL end up in the Hall of Fame even though some people say they don't deserve it. (Hatton, Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah)
              - 2 were way past their prime (Shane Mosley, and some people might say also De La Hoya)
              - 1 was way out of his weight class at the time of the fight (Juan Manuel Marquez)
              - The 10th guy is Miguel Cotto, who gave Floyd hell in my opinion and some people say Cotto was also way past his prime.

Vote on the poll and explain which of these 10 opponents of Mayweather should be in the Hall of Fame (some day).

Tell me, how was shane way past his prime when he came off the greatest win of his career?

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Tell me, how was shane way past his prime when he came off the greatest win of his career?
                Just because a grandpa won his biggest fight all of the sudden he became a teenager raging with sex hormones.

Comment

• Castillo and Judah are the only two that aren't making it, unless Zab beats Garcia.

Comment

• dang floyd has beaten alot of great hall of famers all while they were on top as well...

judah is definitely getting in..if be beats garcia I could see judah going for canelo next..

Comment

• I wonder if anyone has beaten more? pac hopkins roy de la hoya

Comment

Working...
                      X