Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From a technical perspective, does Pavlik have anything that will trouble Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a technical perspective, does Pavlik have anything that will trouble Ward?

Is there anything Pavlik brings to the table that Ward will likely have trouble neutralizing? (If this has been discussed elsewhere in detail, I apologize.)

I dont think so. If anything he'll just make Ward look better than he already does.

Comment

Maybe his long reach, if he keeps using the jab it could be a bit of trouble for Ward. That's the closest thing to Pavlik troubling Ward though, not that it would actually mean trouble.

Comment

Reach, thats about it

Comment

Yeah, reach is the only thing I can think of as well. But Ward's so good at measuring and closing distance and slipping that I can't imagine it being much of an issue. Has he fought anyone with that kind of reach before?

Comment

technically?

yeah, sure. a huge right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Maybe his long reach, if he keeps using the jab it could be a bit of trouble for Ward. That's the closest thing to Pavlik troubling Ward though, not that it would actually mean trouble.
              no.. froch, dawson, green etc all had significant reach advantages over ward. you need to know how to use it though, ward has a much better sense of distance, better footwork and speed than pavlik. he will have no problems neutralizing pavliks reach like hopkins and martinez did.

ward can outjab pavlik fairly easily imo, again hopkins did and taylor too when he chose to use it. pavliks jab and long range boxing skills are very overrated imo, his qualities are his workrate and physical strenght. he wears guys down butisnt much of a boxer, his jab doesnt really become effective until his oponents start wilting from the pace.

Comment

Nah.

Pavlik was a big puncher at 160, but I'm pretty doubtful of his power at 168 at an elite level. Lopez and Rosinsky took his shots pretty well. He is still a puncher, but so was Abraham at 160, and I don't think it will give Ward any trouble.

Comment

Reach AND POWER.

Pavlik will always have a puncher's chance.

If Pavlik landed one solid shot with some stink on it while Ward was throwing, it could easily flip the script.

Comment

did i mention how hard pavlik hits...?

Comment

Working...
                    X