Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everyone, hows everyone doing?

Special salutations to poster ADP02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      1st..............

Ey Ban stick how do you see posts count in this thread.
      Click on the number of replies, it shows a list of who posted how many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
        Hey Everyone, hows everyone doing?

How are you doing, littlemac?

Its been a minute since I've seen you post.

Nice to see you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          Honestly, I didn't even think i was fighting or name calling.

In the instance that you weren't referring to me, then uhh .. just forget about it.
          I'm fine with it as long as there's no fighting. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
            hey guys, this will be my first proper post on the site and what better way to kick it off than with a discussion on Floyd/Pac.

I've read a few points on here, all of which are going back and forth between who is the greater fighter and/or has a better resume at 147. I don't really want to drop into this argument too much simply because it ends up going in circles and both fighters have rabid fans. What I will say is this, overall, Pacquiao has the better resume and is overall the greater fighter. Moving quickly onto what/who has held this fight back, I think it's been both guys and their managers/promoters etc BUT a larger percentage of the blame must lie with Floyd. Again, I won't go too much into the details why I believe that simply because it's been argued ad nauseam.

The main point I'd like to make is this:

Manny Pacquiao v Floyd Mayweather will happen! I guarantee it will be made for 2013, after Pac gets past JMM/Bradley and Floyd has a "tune up" bout late 2012, early 2013. Even if Pac loses his next fight, which is highly likely simply because I believe Arum is ready to cash out his biggest money maker, Floyd will be looking to have the fight made, seeing that Manny has slipped over the course of his last 2-3 fights faster than most of us expected.

There was a time when this was a 50/50 match up BUT Floyd will clearly be a winner come summer 2013.
            Welcome to the Scene, Double P.

Around these parts you can expect to have your green karma dot turning into a red drop and then a trail of a woman's menstrual period for picking Floyd over Manny.

Save yourself. Try not to choose sides.

Good post, BTW.

Comment

• These Mayweather fans are unbelieavable. I don't know what they're still mad about. Pacquiao lost to Marquez and Bradley. He's no longer at the top. What more do they want? They're still butt hurt. You guys need to start counting your blessings and realize that you're the luckiest fans on earth.

May/Pac fight didn't happen. Floyd won yet again in a fantasy fight. You guys should be celebrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                hey guys, this will be my first proper post on the site and what better way to kick it off than with a discussion on Floyd/Pac.

I've read a few points on here, all of which are going back and forth between who is the greater fighter and/or has a better resume at 147. I don't really want to drop into this argument too much simply because it ends up going in circles and both fighters have rabid fans. What I will say is this, overall, Pacquiao has the better resume and is overall the greater fighter. Moving quickly onto what/who has held this fight back, I think it's been both guys and their managers/promoters etc BUT a larger percentage of the blame must lie with Floyd. Again, I won't go too much into the details why I believe that simply because it's been argued ad nauseam.

The main point I'd like to make is this:

Manny Pacquiao v Floyd Mayweather will happen! I guarantee it will be made for 2013, after Pac gets past JMM/Bradley and Floyd has a "tune up" bout late 2012, early 2013. Even if Pac loses his next fight, which is highly likely simply because I believe Arum is ready to cash out his biggest money maker, Floyd will be looking to have the fight made, seeing that Manny has slipped over the course of his last 2-3 fights faster than most of us expected.

There was a time when this was a 50/50 match up BUT Floyd will clearly be a winner come summer 2013.
                Great post however I only disagree with your position on Pac "slipping". As a fan, that has followed him for a very long time but have disliked his WW run since 2009, Pac is exactly the same fighter he was back in 2008. The ONLY difference between then and now is his opposition. He looked better than expected vs subpar and beaten fighters like Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Once he starts fighting guys on winning streaks and or Champions in their own respected weight class, Pac doesn't look like the hyped fighter Bob Arum made him out to be. Which results to people saying he's slipping. I disagree, because he's not perfectly matched up style wise. Remember how he looked in 2008 vs JMM? Same thing happened in November 2011.

To say Pac is slipping is IMO false. He is still a great fighter, the problem is, he hasn't had that perfect opponent to make him look better than he really is. Ironically, this is main reason Bob Arum and Pac demanded to rematch Cotto at a catchweight. They desperately need that "look good" fight. Once he has this, the "pac is slipping" talk will disappear. Just like when he looked bad vs JMM in 2008 but ko'ed Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto, he was now all of a sudden great again. Then he fought JMM for a 3rd time and all of a sudden he's slipping.. No, he just needs those look good fights again.

To sum it up, the people that say "Pac is slipping", is just their own way of justifying why Pac gets beaten by Floyd. In the end, nothings changed from 2008 to now, other than Pac's opposition that he is looking to recycle to look good like he did vs Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. At least Cotto said no to Manny's catchweight demand. Cotto has the power to make his own decisions now that Bob doesn't control him.

Anyhow, welcome to the site!
                Last edited by WESS; 09-11-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Great post however I only disagree with your position on Pac "slipping". As a fan, that has followed him for a very long time but have disliked his WW run since 2009, Pac is exactly the same fighter he was back in 2008. The ONLY difference between then and now is his opposition. He looked better than expected vs subpar and beaten fighters like Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Once he starts fighting guys on winning streaks and or Champions in their own respected weight class, Pac doesn't look like the hyped fighter Bob Arum made him out to be. Which results to people saying he's slipping. I disagree, because he's not perfectly matched up style wise. Remember how he looked in 2008 vs JMM? Same thing happened in November 2011.

To say Pac is slipping is IMO false. He is still a great fighter, the problem is, he hasn't had that perfect opponent to make him look better than he really is. Ironically, this is main reason Bob Arum and Pac demanded to rematch Cotto at a catchweight. They desperately need that "look good" fight. Once he has this, the "pac is slipping" talk will disappear. Just like when he looked bad vs JMM in 2008 but ko'ed Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto, he was now all of a sudden great again. Then he fought JMM for a 3rd time and all of a sudden he's slipping.. No, he just needs those look good fights again.

To sum it up, the people that say "Pac is slipping", is just their own way of justifying why Pac gets beaten by Floyd. In the end, nothings changed from 2008 to now, other than Pac's opposition that he is looking to recycle to look good like he did vs Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. At least Cotto said no to Manny's catchweight demand. Cotto has the power to make his own decisions now that Bob doesn't control him.

this is right. styles makes fight for Pac and this is already a very proven fact .. even floyd does not look always that good when matched up with fighters that makes him bit uncomfortable like Cotto, Castillo, & dela Hoya..

But this doesn't take away the fact that Pac and Floyd are both great in almost the same level.. It's not even a coincidence that the only fighters that gave them troubles happens to be Great fighters too.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    Hey Everyone, hows everyone doing?

Good day LittleMac ....

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                      Welcome to the Scene, Double P.

Around these parts you can expect to have your green karma dot turning into a red drop and then a trail of a woman's menstrual period for picking Floyd over Manny.

Save yourself. Try not to choose sides.

Good post, BTW.

And yeah, I'm not gona choose sides, mega fans for both guys go mad, it's not worth the hassle. I'm just upset that one of the best and most competitive fights of all time will now be made when both guys are slightly past their best

Originally posted by WESS View Post

Thanks, glad to be here.

You've said a lot but I'll try to reply to what I think is your main theme, that Pac just isn't as good as people said he was/is (that's what I think you're saying, I might be wrong).

For me, Pac is, along with Hopkins, the best fighter of the last 10 years or so.
                      Going over the JMM/Pac trilogy I'd say Pac did miles better in their first 2 fights than he did in the 3rd fight. I might be in the minority but I had Pac winning the second fight and winning the first one too by a razor thin margin, I just don't buy into those who say JMM won the first contest.

In both those fights, Pac actually stunned JMM, multiple times, with his power, something he couldn't do even once in their third meeting. Maybe JMM is stronger at the higher weight but I think it's because Manny was simply unwilling to pull the trigger. He was visibly slower and didn't throw as often as we are accustomed to. And I don't think it's because Marquez is a boxer and Manny fought sluggers/weight drained fighters as many claim, Pac has fought this exact same boxer two times previously and been miles more aggressive, faster, harder and more dynamic both times.

Pac also showed that he was reluctant to press the attack many times against Mosley and Margarito. This wasn't because either guy posed a threat, it's just that I think Manny doesn't have the same 12 round energy levels he did years ago. He evened showed compassion to Margarito, whereas the old Manny would have pressed the action till there was a stoppage without even bothering to look at the ref.

Not only has Manny slipped physically, mentally he just doesn't want it as much as he did when he was that skinny Fillipino kid on the rise.

Comment

Working...
                      X