Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Mayweather v. Garcia/Matthysse Winner Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Mayweather v. Garcia/Matthysse Winner Possible

IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins, who is also a partner in Golden Boy Promotions, says it is very possible that Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) could face the winner of Danny Garcia (26-0, 16KOs) vs. Lucas Matthysse (34-2, 32KOs) in 2014.

Mayweather faces junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs) on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Garcia and Matthysse will battle in the co-featured bout of the evening. Showtime Pay-Per-View will carry the event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No don't do it.

Comment

Punk Floyd wants to fight a 140lbr next instead of fighting natural 147 and 154. PAC, Martinez and Thurman can all beat Gayweather by ko.

Comment

This is the obvious next best fight available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweatherducks View Post
          Punk Floyd wants to fight a 140lbr next instead of fighting natural 147 and 154. PAC, Martinez and Thurman can all beat Gayweather by ko.
          Do the world a big favor. Stick your feet in a bucket of wet cement, let it dry, handcuff yourself, and then jump off the nearest bridge.

Comment

Whens the last time Pac fought a natural 147lber? No need to answer. I'll just get Staind with it. "It's been a while."

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              This is the obvious next best fight available.
              I thought so too since its on the Floyd-Canelo undercard until Broner brought up fighting Matthysse. Either way, Floyd will get first choice. So if he wants the Garcia-Matthysse winner that's who he'll get. That would likely leave Broner having to fight the Alexander-Khan or Thurman-Guerrero winner. I also think the possibility is there for AB to fight the Smith-Molina winner to try and grab another paper trinket.

Comment

If by some strange twist of fate Canelo gets a win on the 14th, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Floyd - Broner fight...Floyd will have lost his invincible aura, and there's not enough air in the room for him and Adrien to be spitting the same kind of game.
                Broner vs Mayweather is the fight I'd most like to see in boxing, (with Ward vs GGG a close second).

Comment

With all of these fighters walking around 15 - 20 pounds over their fighting weights, I don't see a problem with Floyd coming down to 140 or they meet somewhere in between 140 and 147. That's what they are doing for the Canelo fight. They are meeting at a agreed upon weight, which is closer to the 154 weight class. I say make the fight happen, if it can happen because there are not many fights left, unless Pac dominates Rios and maybe avenge one of his defeats in a dominating fashion. Floyd is not a 154 pound fighter. He is way too small to be fighting in the weight class. It's no difference than when Roy Jones fought at heavyweight. He wasn't a real heavyweight fighter, regardless of what strap he held.

Comment

Assuming Floyd wins, (which he has given himself a weight advantage to ensure). I wonder if Danny/Lucas would have to fight at the full 147, or would Floyd meet them halfway?? Hopefully he can meet them halfway now that he's the reigning catchweight king.

Comment

Working...
                    X