Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Pacquiao-Marquez, Future For Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There shouldn't be a 5th fight. The 3rd and 4th proved who the better fighter was. All of them were entertaining., but its over now. Manny will never be the same fighter after that KO. His chin will never respond to power punches the way it used to. Manny had his run and defined himself as an all time great, but his run is over. Aggressive fighters are never mentally the same after losses like that. He didn't just get hurt, he was knocked out cold. If they decide to have him fight B and C class fighters, then maybe. But, he will never be a success fighting at this high level again. And at 39, its time for Marquez to hang it up too. There is nothing left for either of these guys to prove. Roy was KO'd in the same manner and we can see how his career has declined since. I don't want to see these 2 great champions go out like that.
    Last edited by jvsnypes; 12-11-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Cotto had Jennings , Hatton had Lazcano , so a face first bum like Rios would fit in with them and be a easy comeback fight for Manny .

Comment

Merchant is such a Manny fanboy....Manny got careless, and Juan was laboring but had more left that Manny thought. Wild-winging punch???? So skill, and presicion counter punching had nothing to do with it?? FOH....

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Yea, the guy is a little too worked up, but the post he responded to made the Pac Hatton comparison, which is way off.
          that's true the comparison was off but why does this happen to Marquez? He gives Pac a tough fight and people say its just his style, inferring he is an inferior fighter with a tricky style. Now he ktfo Pac and it was Mannys mistake as if Marquez got lucky. Why don't people want to accept that Marquez is at least Mannys equal, Jim Lampley finally did. Sure he is not the raw athelete Manny is that's clear but Marquez is a good enough puncher, has good enough timing and mentally adapts well enough to match Pac and even beat him. Pacquiao is like Mike Vick in his prime and Marquez is like Drew Breeze IMO

Comment

Probably took a good 45 mins to get this out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              What I was saying is that if Mayweather who has fought in the Jr Middle decides to fight Martinez at 154 and Martinez wins, I don't see JMM fighting that high in weight, Pac wont, Rios wont, Guerrero wont. The only guy I see fighting Martinez is Mayweather because he has fought in the Jr Middleweight Division. But I would pick Mayweather over Martinez.
              Maybe best to leave the current lineal MW champ out of conversations regarding welters? A mini-tourney with those other guys would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
                Merchant is such a Manny fanboy....Manny got careless, and Juan was laboring but had more left that Manny thought. Wild-winging punch???? So skill, and presicion counter punching had nothing to do with it?? FOH....
                Merchant is an ignorant turd.

His casual-fan outlook on boxing is disgraceful considering his position.

The guy seems to have no deep understanding of the game whatsoever.

Comment

Sorry, but I rate Merchant slightly above Skip Bayless.

Two ignorant ******s.

Comment

Working...
                  X