Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Hatton deserve to be in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely not. he has one stand-out win, and even that came against a fighter well past his prime.

Comment

yes he does, the guys a freeking legend, first ballot!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        there's a category called "non-participant," for people who didn't box.

stallone is inducted into that category.
        I ****ing hate it when people bring up that Stallone is in, as if that's some kind of terrible thing, and thus anyone should get in. Clueless ****s.

He's in the non participant section, for his huge promotion of boxing through movies you bunch of **** knuckle ******s. He's not in with the actual boxers.

There is actually a place specifically for guys who publicise boxing, write about boxing, promote it, do good things for it in general and Stallone is in that for making the most significant film impact to boxing ever, and thus having a huge effect, and a very important one at the time, on its popularity.

No, Hatton is not worthy of the HOF. He was a pretty good, and very popular, champ but having one top win is just not enough. Whoever said Hatton and Tzyus resumes are similar might have missed that Tszyu has 15 or so champs compared to five or six for Hatton. Tszyu also became the only other Undisputed champ in boxing, apart from Hopkins, by actually beating all the other champs, not one 36 year old, inactive, injury laden fighter. He also stayed at the top of his division as a champ for over a decade and was a P4P ranked fighter for a decade. There is a massive difference between the two.

Edit: if he does get in, it will, and should only, be for his massive popularity, not for the strength of his career and accomplishments as a boxer. Much like the reason McGuigan got in.
        Last edited by BennyST; 11-27-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I think he should imo.

IF not it might be a retro ballet when it comes out his only 2 loses came to dudes using PED's! When that time comes not sure...but the truth always comes out!

Then you could also argue that he was undefeated!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            Very easy yes.
            Yes i agree. People are always trying to deny hatton for some reason. No matter who hatton beat there was always an excuse to belittle him. So every fighter gets beef whether your pac, floyd or whoever.

Comment

And this is in las vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                Actually 4 years and no wonder noone ****ed with him, he didn't fight anyone good.
                he actually won 140lb title in 01
                since u wanna get technical
                who available could have beaten him ?

Comment

90% of this site are hatton haters for no reason

all boxing needs is more ricky hattons

cash cows who arent scared to fight anyone anywhere anytime !

and whats this comparing him to gatti ? sry but hatton is a class above gatti r.i.p.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    2005 fighter of the year
                    lineal 140 for 5 yrs NO ONE ****ED WITH HIM

the fact he is by far the most popular fighter maybe ever might get him in alone

think ab it what fighter do we know of that can get 35k ppl to fly across the planet to come see them fight ???????????????
                    twice ?!?
                    Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    he actually won 140lb title in 01
                    since u wanna get technical

who available could have beaten him ?
                    Well yes I was actually getting technical, you claimed he was lineal champion for 5 years when that is wrong, he was lineal champ for 4 years.

Well he didn't fight Floyd at 140 when he could have, but thats not the point, beating limited and shot fighters isn't impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X