Favourite CLASSIC FIGHTER QUOTES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite CLASSIC FIGHTER QUOTES

Your Favourite quotes from Fighters.
    This Thread is for any humourous and dry Fighter quotes that tickle yer funny bone. My favourites are from fighters who were actually trying to be serious but said something funny without fully realising it. Here is my first one which I really enjoy. It's from Melbourne legend Frankie Flannery trying to tell a reporter how hard he thought Jack Hassen hit.
    Frankie Flannery was asked in retirement who hit him the hardest in his epic bouts. He responded "Jack Hassen". When reminded that he'd KO'd Hassen in their meeting, Flannery replied.."Yeah, but I don't remember doing it"

From Rocky Marciano when being asked by the TV guy after winning the title from Walcott. the interviewer told Rocky he was now champion and what's it feel like to be the champ, Rocky Replied, "Well, I knew I hadda do sumthin,.. yeah, I knew I hadda do summFin". ------------ Anyone want to know if Jersey Joe could hit ????

Comment

NO Favourite Quotes ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Comment

Joe Louis said about facing Schmeling again
        "Yes I'm affraid. Affraid I might kill Max Schmeling"

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
          Joe Louis said about facing Schmeling again
          "Yes I'm affraid. Affraid I might kill Max Schmeling"
          Hitler nearly had a heart attack......... I read that hitler ordered the death of Max's old P.E. teacher from high school, it goes to show that P.E. Teachers are not good enough at their job.

Comment

He can run but he can't hide. -Joe Louis

Time to bring home the bacon. -Joe Gans

Shortly after being retired Rocky Marciano was asked by a class of school children if he thought he could but current champion Floyd Patterson. "I'd be bragging if I said I could, but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't."

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              He can run but he can't hide. -Joe Louis

Time to bring home the bacon. -Joe Gans

Shortly after being retired Rocky Marciano was asked by a class of school children if he thought he could but current champion Floyd Patterson. "I'd be bragging if I said I could, but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't."
              "CARMEN,... 9 out of ten experts say Robinson will take your Title"............ Carmen replied "9 out of 10 experts are wrong"...... not the most hilarious...... but very dry.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                "CARMEN,... 9 out of ten experts say Robinson will take your Title"............ Carmen replied "9 out of 10 experts are wrong"...... not the most hilarious...... but very dry.
                I always loved that quote. He wasn't trying to be funny but it came out that way in my opinion. He was just determined and absolutely detested Robinson.

Comment

Alan Minter - "sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

Tex Cobb to the referee in the Holmes fight - "Hey you're white. Do something."

Marvin Hagler - "It's hard to get up and run at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas"

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                    Alan Minter - "sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

Tex Cobb to the referee in the Holmes fight - "Hey you're white. Do something."

Marvin Hagler - "It's hard to get up and run at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas"

Out of any fighter in history that I can recall, Tex Cobb consistently had the most entertaining quotes.

When Cobb heard what Cosell had said during the Holmes fight about never calling another fight he said "I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"

Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the **** kicked out of me."

Comment

Working...
                    X