Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Voted For?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't vote. Had I voted I would have voted Labour, but they didn't do enough to win my support.

Comment

Dopey ****s voting BNP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
        Dopey ****s voting BNP.
        I don't think they did. For some reason people seem to think it's funny to pretend to support the B.N.P on the net.

But in real life they don't, or at the least don't admit to it.

Comment

Can't believe any tosser voted for the scum British nazi party.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
            I don't think they did. For some reason people seem to think it's funny to pretend to support the B.N.P on the net.

But in real life they don't, or at the least don't admit to it.
            I agree.

I voted tactically, as it was a battle between libs and cons in my area. I stuck one in for Cleggy but the tories won my local seat.

Sounds like the well hung parliament is ****ing up our economy, whatever happens and whomever gets in, they need to do it soon or our pound will be worth **** all.

Comment

Wow, based on this poll there would have to be some cooperation between the conservatives and labour (assuming that nobody would countenance an alliance with the BNP....

There isn't a lot of political chat on here, which is a shame as I'm up for a discussion of what might happen next in our country.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
                Wow, based on this poll there would have to be some cooperation between the conservatives and labour (assuming that nobody would countenance an alliance with the BNP....

There isn't a lot of political chat on here, which is a shame as I'm up for a discussion of what might happen next in our country.
                Lib Dems will join with the Tories and form a coalition government. Lib Dems will ask for somethings in return and so on.

Comment

I don't think they're in the best position to go into coallition. Clegg will lose a lot of support from his members and the 25% of British people who voted for the lib dems if he sacrifices some sort of pledge of electoral reform. But Cameron can't really offer that because his party are set against it.

I think that they will stop short of a formal coallition, and the conservatives will limp along for a while on an ad hoc basis.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
                    I don't think they're in the best position to go into coallition. Clegg will lose a lot of support from his members and the 25% of British people who voted for the lib dems if he sacrifices some sort of pledge of electoral reform. But Cameron can't really offer that because his party are set against it.

I think that they will stop short of a formal coallition, and the conservatives will limp along for a while on an ad hoc basis.
                    How many seats do you need form a minority government?

Comment

well, there is no set number, but they'd basically get in the ulster unionists and democratic unionists and be about 6 votes short of a majority. Then they'd put together a very skeletal Queen's speech and get support from the lib dems for that. Then they'd look to get things through due to some MPs being away or abstaining on votes.

It happens currently in Scotland where the SNP are a minority government.

Wouldn't be easy though seeing as there are some pretty big decisions to be made about cutting spending and raising taxes...

Comment

Working...
                      X