No announcement yet.

Need some suggestion on "Up-down" combination

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestion on "Up-down" combination

By "up down" combinations, I mean combinations where you mix up shots upstairs and downstairs. For instance, like Jab, Body Jab, Cross or Jab, Body Jab, Cross. I'm trying to incorporate my combos in my shadow boxing that targets both the head and the body, being a headhunter is something a lot of boxers do and I want to break away from that.

So if you have any combinations like that you want to share. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

jab,right,hook,right,jab, jab,right, jab jab i love this i useualy mix it up to the body and head

Comment

1=jab, 2=straight right, 3=left hook, 4=right hook, 5=left uppercut, 6=right uppercut.

1-2-3body-5-2

1-3-4body

1body-2-5

2-1-4body-6

1-2-1-2body

5-2-3body

One good tip is after throwing a hook to the body immediately throw an uppercut to the head with the same hand. So left hook to the body hits him on the side, and will probably make him drop his right elbow down a little bit leaving an opening up the middle for an uppercut.

Double up to the head with one hand and then go to the body with the other (1-3-4body).

A good way to find more is to get a partner to stand in front of you and just slowly go through punches (not actually hitting him) and see what feels best for you. Some people have a good left hook to the body and will want to have that as their main punch in their body attack. Other people it may be a straight right to the body is their best.

My best body punch is the right hook (I'm not a southpaw) so I find combinations that can help set that up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RightHooker View Post
        1=jab, 2=straight right, 3=left hook, 4=right hook, 5=left uppercut, 6=right uppercut.

1-2-3body-5-2

1-3-4body

1body-2-5

2-1-4body-6

1-2-1-2body

5-2-3body

One good tip is after throwing a hook to the body immediately throw an uppercut to the head with the same hand. So left hook to the body hits him on the side, and will probably make him drop his right elbow down a little bit leaving an opening up the middle for an uppercut.

Double up to the head with one hand and then go to the body with the other (1-3-4body).

A good way to find more is to get a partner to stand in front of you and just slowly go through punches (not actually hitting him) and see what feels best for you. Some people have a good left hook to the body and will want to have that as their main punch in their body attack. Other people it may be a straight right to the body is their best.

My best body punch is the right hook (I'm not a southpaw) so I find combinations that can help set that up for me.
        you have come up with an array of combo displays,do you think these combos would work while facing a fighter who stays out of reach,i dont think so,would these combos work with a fighter who feints to the right,i dont think so,would these combos work with a fighter who throws one twos,i dont think so,i do not know who these combos would work against,maybe while shadow boxing

Comment

Left hook to body, left hook to the head, right cross, left hook, right cross, left hook to the body HARD.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-06-2009, 05:05 AM.

Comment

jab right cross left hook to the body right hook to the head HARD

Comment

JAB, JAB, WEAVE TO UNDERNEATH HIM TO THE LEFT, RIGHT UPPERCUT(BODY), LEFT UPPERCUT(BODY), LEFT HOOK(HEAD), RIGHT HAND

This is a great combination

Comment

Jab, double left hook(body then head), straight right, left uppercut then right hook to the body

Comment

Working...
                X