Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    I don't care if Robinson is the most amazing godly mythical figure he is losing at least 3x
    Which 3 do you think he'd lose? Hopkins is probably the given, who else?

Comment

The first four.

Comment

We do have to remember that Whitaker was past his best when he fought Oscar, and guys like Duran, Robinson, Hearns, Leonard, etc at 147 would have been able to beat him at that stage.

It goes without saying that Hopkins is the difficult guy. 6'2", skills, speed, savvy. It's a difficult one. Mayweather at 147 is hard, but I think the above four would beat him at their best.

It's very possible/likely no one does.

Comment

Interesting results

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            We do have to remember that Whitaker was past his best when he fought Oscar, and guys like Duran, Robinson, Hearns, Leonard, etc at 147 would have been able to beat him at that stage.

It goes without saying that Hopkins is the difficult guy. 6'2", skills, speed, savvy. It's a difficult one. Mayweather at 147 is hard, but I think the above four would beat him at their best.

It's very possible/likely no one does.
            I don't think Floyd at 154 is hard (which is the weight he fought Oscar in right)
            154 Floyd is probably easy work for Leonard, Hearns, Robinson, because that is way too much above his natural weight.

147 Floyd will be tougher.. but still probably had a big disadvantage against Hearns/Robinson.

154 Version of Mayweather is just way too small against boxers of similar skills+ more power.

Comment

Let's not forget a shot zombie Oscar won at least 4-5 rounds against Prime Floyd.

Yes yes we all know it wasn't a SD like the cards claim.. but Oscar did win at least 4-5

Comment

Nobody. Are people assuming that all of these fighters would be in their primes for each of these fantasy matchups? That's impossible. Your talking being in your prime from 1997-2009.

No fighter can go through De La Hoya's resume undefeated from start to finish.

Comment

robinson and leonard.

i think hearns would lose to bernard hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Nobody. Are people assuming that all of these fighters would be in their primes for each of these fantasy matchups? That's impossible.

No fighter can go through De La Hoya's resume undefeated from start to finish.
                    No.. just at the stage that Oscar fought them.

Which tbh is mostly around their primes anyways with the exception of Pernell and Chavez.

And the version of Pernell that Oscar fought was still pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                      No.. just at the stage that Oscar fought them.

Which tbh is mostly around their primes anyways with the exception of Pernell and Chavez.

And the version of Pernell that Oscar fought was still pretty good.
                      I mean the other way around. Like are you assuming that Sugar Ray Robinson would be in his prime against everybody on De La Hoya's resume?

De La Hoya fought these guys over a span of 11-12 years. I can't imagine anybody running through that resume undefeated over 11-12 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X