Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re watched Mayweather vs. Ortiz.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved how floyd had ortiz on the backfoot most of the fight yet usually ortiz is very agressive and steamrolls people

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      Lmao you really are a troll aren't you?

If not, it's quite pathetic how stupid you are.

I'm actually embarrassed, as a fellow Brit, that you have Froch in your avatar.

Comment

Floyd is an amazing fighter, best I have seen in my lifetime. Don't like the person but the fighter is to be respected.

Comment

anybody remember when larry stole, word for word, a post from ESB?

that was pretty damn sorry

Comment

It's pretty hilarious how he makes good fighters (top 10) look like absolute ******s lol.

Comment

What's funny is people act like Ortiz landing a few good shots in round 4, Mosley landing 2 good shots in 12 rounds, and Cotto landing some body shots and jabs.....is getting to Floyd. That shows how superior he is.

Comment

I totally disagree with the last part of the opening post. The Floyd/Cotto fight was every bit as close as Trout/Cotto. In fact i'll even say that at the end of the 8th round I thought Cotto had established full momentum against Floyd......But then he did what Cotto does best, got tired & stopped fighting. Almost identical to the Trout/Cotto fight imo.

Floyd took over sweeping the championship rounds, as did Trout. Both fights were closer than the commentators or the judges claimed. I find it astonishing that people see them so differently. I tend to believe it's simply because Cotto was such a heavy favorite over Trout & people still won't face the reality of Floyd slowing down so they imagine beatdowns that never occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I totally disagree with the last part of the opening post. The Floyd/Cotto fight was every bit as close as Trout/Cotto. In fact i'll even say that at the end of the 8th round I thought Cotto had established full momentum against Floyd......But then he did what Cotto does best, got tired & stopped fighting. Almost identical to the Trout/Cotto fight imo.

Floyd took over sweeping the championship rounds, as did Trout. Both fights were closer than the commentators or the judges claimed. I find it astonishing that people see them so differently. I tend to believe it's simply because Cotto was such a heavy favorite over Trout & people still won't face the reality of Floyd slowing down so they imagine beatdowns that never occurred.
                  I thought Cotto won 2-3 rounds against Floyd, possibly 4 if you favored every round for Cotto that was competitive. I thought Cotto won 4 rounds against Trout, no more or less.

Both were clear decision wins though. Floyd took the first 4 rounds clearly. The 5th was closer, given Cotto had Floyd on the ropes a lot of the time, but Floyd definitely landed the better punches and out fought him on the ropes, in my opinion. The 6th round was a clear Cotto round, where as I felt Floyd took the 7th, but it was competitive. The 8th was Cotto's. And the 9th was competitive, probably favored Cotto in it. Floyd swept the last 3.

Comment

Mayweather-Mosley....I didn't care what ANYBODY was saying, I felt in my heart that Shane was gonna knock him out...most of my everyday homies are Floyd fans and by me rocking with Shane had me in some heated arguments lol..serious ones!!!

point I'm getting at....round 2, I damn near popped a vocal cord ...afterwards I was quiet all night....with all the trash talking being thrown in my ears by my dudes, it couldn't stop my eyes from appreciating the WAY Floyd was boxing that night...I remember thinking to myself "this mother****er can fight, he's ALOT better and tougher than I thought"

Floyd is a special fighter...hate him or love him...it is what it is

Comment

jkjjkjkkikjkjkjk

Comment

Working...
                      X