No announcement yet.

Victor p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor p4p?

Where will u rank ortiz if he beats floyd? Does he go to #1 since floyd is ranked #1 by many? If not is he at least top 3 or 5?

I'd say that would jump him up to #3...any way you look at it everyone still considers Floyd as a #1 P4P...Floyd and Pac are like 1A and 1B

Comment

He probably gets into the bottom half of the top 10.

Comment

Top 5. Maybe 4th or 5th. I'd still say that Marquez would be top three as well as Pacquiao. Hopkins could be ranked above him, as well.

It all depends on the fashion and then in the months to come, what highly-ranked fighters do in fights before the year ends. Still, he'd have to jump up into the list comfortably at least.

Comment

7 or 8 P4P

Comment

damn, idk, only one way to find out...perhaps top 4 at most, who knows honestly. that'd be an insane upset.

Comment

Does anyone even take the p4p list serious? I don't personally, it doesn't have either the Klitschkos on it does it? If Ortiz pulled off an upset against Floyd than everyone should shut-up about him being a quitter against Maidana.

Losing to Maidana and to bounce back to beat Floyd would be a great achievement. I don't see it happening tho, I just keep having visions of Floyd destroying Ortiz with ease.

Does anyone really see a boxer who struggled at times against Lamont Peterson to pull off a win against Floyd? I thought Ortiz did enough to get the W on his resume against Peterson but Peterson was able to get back into the fight.
              Last edited by uoykcuf; 08-22-2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

First of all it would depend on how he wins. That's the most important thing that can't be overlooked.

Also it depends on how Mayweather looks.

But, if he does break the top 10 it will/should be the bottom half of the top 10.

P4P is not a title. Just cuz' you beat someone who's rank at a certain spot. Doesn't mean you should automatically get that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                  Does anyone even take the p4p list serious? I don't personally, it doesn't have either the Klitschkos on it does it?
                  I don't understand what that has to do with anything?

Anyways some do and some don't. At the end of the day it's a mythical opinion based ranking. Make believe.

You can get 10 different P4P list from 10 different reliable sources. And, all 10 would be different in some way.

Anyways. To answer your question both The Ring and Boxingscene have Wlad in the top 10. But, not Vitaly.

I have Wlad I think at #5. I'm not sure if Vitaly makes my top 20. You might thing both deserve to be in the top 10. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Does anyone even take the p4p list serious? I don't personally, it doesn't have either the Klitschkos on it does it? If Ortiz pulled off an upset against Floyd than everyone should shut-up about him being a quitter against Maidana.

Losing to Maidana and to bounce back to beat Floyd would be a great achievement. I don't see it happening tho, I just keep having visions of Floyd destroying Ortiz with ease.

Does anyone really see a boxer who struggled at times against Lamont Peterson to pull off a win against Floyd? I thought Ortiz did enough to get the W on his resume against Peterson but Peterson was able to get back into the fight.
                    By the looks of it I think ortiz was draining himself to make 140. Thats why I think he struggled against those fighters u mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                    X